• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headcount for 1979 "300s"

I grew up in that neck of the woods. Monessen Pa.

Here's our 79 300. We bought it last summer, it has 23000 miles and was pretty much untouched by the previous owners. The guy I got it from replaced the exhaust but removed the cats, sounds real nice. No rust or body work ever, the lean burn has been deleted, carb, intake, cam and ignition have been added, heads milled, still looks stock except for the air cleaner..

Soupman, I believe I met you last summer at the Beckman Motors cruise in Mt. Oliver. We have since moved to Westmoreland county.View attachment 294858View attachment 294857View attachment 294856View attachment 294855View attachment 294853

NICE!!! Thanks for sharing! Looks like have some options that mine doesn't and I have some that yours doesn't. I have power windows but no tilt wheel, I also have a 1/2 vinyl roof which I haven't seen another one with yet.

I own two. two 300's.jpg

two 300's.jpg

i had one in 1988 but its long gone now snow plow crushed it so thats one gone i think i cried for about a month after that.

WOW, I didn't know there were so many C body guys here, 66-300 myself. Are you guys on FCBO? You should be, if not, get over there and do it! Nice rides!1509.jpg

Common mistake as the 79 was the last year for the "B" body. FCBO is "For C Bodies Only"

I grew up in that neck of the woods. Monessen Pa.

Darter6, we moved to Lower Burrell, my wife's parents house. Big adjustment from Brentwood, also about 5 times as much grass to cut, but we can live on 1 floor since we've reached our "golden" (gray) years.

Northeast 300, Thanks for the kind words. The fact that I'm getting old is confirmed, I miss power windows. These are really neat cars, I always liked Cordoba's and these are especially nice with the performance upgrades, like how well it handles, goes around bend pretty good.

Great handling cars for their size. BIG sway bars, front and rear. My wife's is a double option plate car. 300 rt frt qtr.jpgpremium360.jpg

300 rt frt qtr.jpg premium360.jpg

NICE!!!! Would you have a good connection for parts?

- - - Updated - - -

Great handling cars for their size. BIG sway bars, front and rear. My wife's is a double option plate car. View attachment 297165View attachment 297166

I can't wait to get my engine compartment to look that good!

- - - Updated - - -

Darter6, we moved to Lower Burrell, my wife's parents house. Big adjustment from Brentwood, also about 5 times as much grass to cut, but we can live on 1 floor since we've reached our "golden" (gray) years.

Northeast 300, Thanks for the kind words. The fact that I'm getting old is confirmed, I miss power windows. These are really neat cars, I always liked Cordoba's and these are especially nice with the performance upgrades, like how well it handles, goes around bend pretty good.

I had a 75 Cordoba years ago and found this one about 1 1/2 years ago. I was very surprised with the handling and the attention I get at car shows.

There is one a couple of streets over from my house. It needs some body work, and the front bumper is off kilter. The owner has made some ill advised mods that do nothing good for rhe car. It is a T-Top car, and the interior leather is cracked in both front seats, but the rear seat is great.

Kostas

I am the one-and-only original owner of my 1979 Chrysler 300. I have 139,000 miles on it. It has been a great car.

A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. From the photos it is a nice car.Not 100% OE but very nicely done.One thing for sure it would cost at least that much if you bought one for $3000 and fixed it up that nice.I learned my lesson that it is best to see a car in person.

Five years ago I removed the rear windows from a 300 in a wrecking yard in Aurora CO. Rear glass has the 300 itched in the glass. If anyone wants them as a collectors item I will take $50 for the pair. Price includes shipping Send a PM if interested.

A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. From the photos it is a nice car.Not 100% OE but very nicely done.One thing for sure it would cost at least that much if you bought one for $3000 and fixed it up that nice.I learned my lesson that it is best to see a car in person.

I agree 110% I bought mine for $1,400 and only had to do exhaust and tires right away. I did some basic things like shocks, tune up etc and I am into it for under $3,400. In my area I would be lucky to get $5,000 if I were to sell it. As the old saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if the right person comes along and offers me the right amount then it's on to the next project.

Auto Transport Service
Back