• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Header paint options

tom jaffeux

Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
Winter project looking to repaint my headers old paint starting to come off. Question I have is what paint is best? VHT,CERAKOTE,POR-15 or another brand, reviews are all over the place so I thought the best place to get reviews is from here. I know when it comes to painting prepping is the number one thing that Has
to be done good for the paint to last. I guess that’s the reason my first paint job on my headers did not last lol.
Thanks Tom

Old headers and new paint only look good hanging on the wall. We used to blast them, paint them and bake them. Even doing that most paint will not last. There might be better paint for heat now days but I doubt it will be there for the long haul. I would shop around for some new ceramic coated headers.

I used Cerakote on the hotside of my turbo on my jet boat. The hotside gets extremely hot. It holds up very well. Proper prep n follow instructions.
20230129_162837.jpg

I had good luck with Rustoleum outdoor grill paint.

Auto Transport Service
Back