• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headlight relay

erikcroissant

Local time
10:39 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a headlight relay kit or setup for my 68 coronet? I’m using factory sealed beams and a mostly stock wiring layout. Thanks in advance.

Erik

Thanks Dave

Yes I build a relay kit for our Mopars. Specifically set up to address the issues that OEM wired cars have. My kit hides nicely within factory runs and requires no cutting of the OEM harness.

Erik, Thanks for the purchase.

Should have it on the way tomorrow. Any questions on install, please ask.

Happy holidays everyone!

Thanks Dave

Yes I build a relay kit for our Mopars. Specifically set up to address the issues that OEM wired cars have. My kit hides nicely within factory runs and requires no cutting of the OEM harness.

I have your headlight relay kit in my 67 belvedere, should i install the harness that runs from the alternator to the starter relay?

I have your headlight relay kit in my 67 belvedere, should i install the harness that runs from the alternator to the starter relay?

You can if you want too. When I sell a kit that includes the charging wire around kit, I usually pick up power at the starter relay.

You can if you want too. When I sell a kit that includes the charging wire around kit, I usually pick up power at the starter relay.
The relay still takes the load off the bulkhead connector, correct?

Connecting anything to the batt side of the charging network is wrong since ammeter will read that load as a Charge. Aside the wrong reading, also stress out unnecessarily the ammeter and related wires.

Connecting alt and batt(starter relay) with a jumper wire will virtually bypass the ammeter and just save the bulkhead from the charging stage load, but bulkhead still gets loads (alt to amm wire) to feed all the car. Of course reduced since the load to charge the batt is being bypassed.

@Crackedback . Tried to PM you but your inbox is full. I would like to order another headlight relay and charge wire kit. This time for a 1970 Coronet.

Auto Transport Service
Back