• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner clips?

bth0320

Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
Can someone assist me in how these work (68 RR)? Is this what the headliner trim panel screws into or does the actual headliner fit into these somehow? Only one has a threaded clip attached to it but not sure it belongs (see first pic)? I tried to figure it out from my service manual but the pictures in there do not help much.

Thanks!
Brian
photo 2 (4).jpgphoto 1 (4).jpg

Those clips go on after the headliner is installed and only serve to attach the top inner window molding to.

That threaded clip does not belong on there that clip has the screw hole stretched that is why someone put a threaded clip on it

Here is what the headliner clips look like on 73/74 RR satellite there are 3 on each side. Not sure if its similar for 68 or not, but thought I would show example anyway.

Here is a picture that show 2 of the 3 clips, the other goes above the door glass middle. Year One Part number FD26450S for package of 6.
DSC03833small.jpg

Here is what the headliner clips look like on 73/74 RR satellite there are 3 on each side. Not sure if its similar for 68 or not, but thought I would show example anyway.

Here is a picture that show 2 of the 3 clips, the other goes above the door glass middle. Year One Part number FD26450S for package of 6.
View attachment 166142

Thanks but I do have the side clips....these are on the front. Thanks everyone for your help.

I'd say the more the better but if 3 per side is good.....

Auto Transport Service
Back