• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner Questions 70 Sport Sat

Damn, that's looking great. I know you don't want to do it, but you have to undo a little at a time, glue both sides and put it back. When you reinstall it, pull it a little tighter than you had it before. It's looking great.

Damn, that's looking great. I know you don't want to do it, but you have to undo a little at a time, glue both sides and put it back. When you reinstall it, pull it a little tighter than you had it before. It's looking great.
Thanks for the encouraging words! Yup ok I think I have a grasp on what you said and how to do it. Appreciate it thanks!

Ok the plan was to us Weldwood Landau Contact cement but I don’t have it on hand. What I do have is a fresh spray can of 3M Headliner Adhesive contact cement. Any opinions on using this instead of the weldwood?

image.jpg

Start gluing down the front where the molding clips go. Wait overnight and start on one of the sides
and glue it down. Does your car have a separate sail panel or does the headliner go all the way down under the package tray?

Start gluing down the front where the molding clips go. Wait overnight and start on one of the sides
and glue it down. Does your car have a separate sail panel or does the headliner go all the way down under the package tray?
Separate sail panels!

Ok the plan was to us Weldwood Landau Contact cement but I don’t have it on hand. What I do have is a fresh spray can of 3M Headliner Adhesive contact cement. Any opinions on using this instead of the weldwood?

View attachment 1542137
I couldn’t find the Weldwood locally but called a local upholstery shop. The guy was like bring a container and I’ll give you some! I just got back with my container and started the test process. Works great! My faith in man increased a little bit today! Very grateful for his generosity! Just don’t find that much anymore!!

I'll leave some pic's of how I did my sail panels. NOTE: I Epoxied that clip to the back of the sail panels so
it wouldn't come off! Then the clip snaps into a hole behind it. I also made a little wooden piece to push
the material down onto the glue on the top of the package tray.
20210226_133515.jpg
20210304_125252.jpg
20210226_133515.jpg
20210223_144010.jpg
20210625_144302.jpg
20210625_144315.jpg
20210625_145851.jpg
20210625_151906.jpg
beerestoration2019 3125.JPG
20210304_125252.jpg

I'll leave some pic's of how I did my sail panels. NOTE: I Epoxied that clip to the back of the sail panels so
it wouldn't come off! Then the clip snaps into a hole behind it. I also made a little wooden piece to push
the material down onto the glue on the top of the package tray.View attachment 1542312View attachment 1542311View attachment 1542312View attachment 1542313View attachment 1542314View attachment 1542315View attachment 1542316View attachment 1542317View attachment 1542318View attachment 1542311
This is super helpful thank you! My headliner is a bit short in the area of the sails but the panel will cover it. I just have to terminate it well. I do have separate material for the sail panel but I need to fab the actual panel’s.

IMG_9835.jpeg

Another question for you guys. I am trying to figure out how the factory trim the material over the side pinch welds over the doors and aLso the front and rear windshield glass.

The pinch welds utilize the factory clips as shown in the picture so my guess just above the clip line? Is there a flexible trim that goes over the pinch weld and vinyl + clips over the doors and side windows?

What about the windshield and back glass area? Should the vinyl get trimmed so that there is no vinyl in the channel at all?

Thanks again!

IMG_9841.jpeg

IMG_9839.jpeg

Download my pic's and enlarge them to see the detail. They're high resolution.

Download my pic's and enlarge them to see the detail. They're high resolution.
Ok I looked at the pics you posted. I think I’ll be ok. I just wrapped over the edge. I can trim back like pictured.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Front trim out.

image.jpg

Awesome, looks like no hair dryer is needed. looks good. great job.
I actually waited till it got to 100F outside to do this lol. Fist time I actually waited until it got hot to start a job here in AZ.

O.K., now re-install those clips along the front and glue that edge down all the way across!
20210621_201848.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back