• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heat Guns

It depends on what you're planning on doing with it. For me a variety of tips is what would be important. One for heat shrink tubing is what I use the most. One to fan the heat out. And one to concentrate the heat would be the three that I use the most.
I bought one at a garage sale 10 years ago for 10 bucks it's done me very well. I have coworkers that have the harbor freight and the DeWalt and they all do well.

I would stay away from the LCD heat gun, that's just more that can break. BTW, they ALL have auto cool down mode. It's called OFF.
Good point - some I've found don't realize how hot the tunnel gets; I came across this years ago in an industrial arts class finding these on benches with the power cords burned to chit from setting it down with the cord contacting the tunnel. These were still being used, some with the wires exposed through the burned off insulation. Same deal with soldering irons, lol if ya want to come across the most insane safety hazards, walk through HS shops and art classrooms. Product of limited funding plus dropping these programs completely - so much for garnering the future generations of people in the trades...sorry, I digress.

Auto Transport Service
Back