• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater box size please

CanadianRR

Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
Evening all,
My car did not come with a heater box. However does anyone have the size of them? Width length and height?

I'm quite sure we need to know what year car you have as the heater boxes changed with each generation although similar. Also is it just a heater box or are you asking about a heater / AC box ?

I thought I had, my apologies the car is a 71 roadrunner. Either just a heater or a ac unit, I'd like to find the differences for sizes.

I'm quite sure we need to know what year car you have as the heater boxes changed with each generation although similar. Also is it just a heater box or are you asking about a heater / AC box ?

No problem, I didn't notice that your original post was in 71 to 74 Mopars which is what I have, I just poked Home and started there. However, here's the bad part, I am at work right now, but the good part is my car came with no heater / AC box at all, it was ripped out for drag racing....But, I bought a box years ago and it is still not installed so I can make good measurements of it tomorrow! Also, look at your firewall on engine passenger side. If you have a triangular opening down there and some extra vents in your dash passenger side above the glove compartment , then your car had factory AC. The ducting on top of the box is different and box dimensions may also be. So if your car had just a heater my dimensions will be different. Let me know...:rolleyes:

mine was also pulled for drag racing purposes, i figure the ac box will be a few inches larger then just the heater box.

I have some pictures of my box when I bought it 5 years ago also. I will post them here along with some basic dimensions in the morning.

The AC box that I have is approx. 32" wide plus 2" for a vacuum module, approx. 12" high and approx. 12" deep plus the heat and AC pipes and fan motor that protrude through the firewall to engine bay. See attached lousy photos!
pictures 394.jpg
pictures 395.jpg
pictures 396.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back