• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from metro detroit. Need help on some 71 charger code details

71EV2383SE

Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally found one Im going to keep and restore for myself. Its a 71 hemi orange charger SE N code and I am looking for some info on trim details. Ive got accent stripe code V7X which I know is a black accent stripe going down the side but I wasnt sure if it was the wide one that wraps around the cowl and down both sides or the thin almost pinstripe one that snakes down the sides only from upper front of the fender to the upper rear quarter. Any insight would be appreciated as I have a solid amount of knowledge on these cars but am ignorant to some of these details.

I got it in a package deal and made my money back on the other car so I am in it for a song right now. Its just a rolling shell with the dash butt its a ultra straight Texas body and happen to have a 71 383 I was building for my 65 Sport Fury that came from a 71 2bbl charger so at least its correct-ish and I have a ton of the hard to find parts like 71 HP manifolds and some cool period correct day 2 stuff like an Eddy DP4B with the Chrysler hustler part number cast into it so I am more excited then I have been in years to dig in and start bringing her back to her glory days. Im not looking to do a concours resto on her but Id like to know exactly what she came with and Im sure I am in the right place to find out.

Some Pics

20190928_112933.jpg 20190928_112953.jpg 20190928_113016.jpg 20190928_113039.jpg 20190928_113126.jpg

the wrap around stripes are 71 R/T / super bee only. yours would have been a longitudinal pinstripe.
I imagine there weren't very many hemi orange SE's built. too bad there isn't a way to know how many. looks like a great project.

Thanks and yea I wish I could get production numbers too its a real hemi orange N code 383 mag HD727 slap stick 2 fender tag car with some good options. Rally gauges and the cloth insert buckets and the V4X half vinyl top in black. Itll look awsome when its done. It was stripped and painted 15 or 20 years ago and sat on that trailer in a field so the clear on top is gone baked off but she didnt see michigan roads so it never got real rusty just a few spot here and there that need patched.

Thanks for the stripe info. Thats what I was leaning toward it being and thats fine with me. It will look great with that long pinstripe too. Im just starting to acquire the parts I need to put her back together because it didnt come with much other than what you see in the pics but for the money I cant complain.

Nice purchase! it's gonna look great when done....:thumbsup:

Thanks and yea I think so too. I wasnt planning on keeping it but every time I looked at it I wanted it more and more and imagining it done and how nice it will be I couldnt resist. I need to find a lot of parts but Ive already found a 72 Rallye Charger a guy let me strip a lot of parts from so I got a lot of what is the same from 71 to 72 and a great start on parts round up. Im sure I will be able to source the rest of what I need for it between finding other parts cars around here and on this site. Ill be listing a few things from the 72 I got in the package deal I made but dont need also so Ill probably try to do some trading on here once Ive got everything sorted.

Welcome from the show me state!! Nice ride!!

Welcome! My car has V4X stripes and its a single 1/4" wide pin stripe that wraps around the hood back and across the roof. Built on 901. Not sure if they changed it after that.

IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0073.JPG

welcome to FBBO

Thanks guys. Ill have to look into that because I thought the only pinstripe like that followed the body line down the side from the front of the fender to the rear of the quarter and that was it. I am supposed to be getting a look at a survivor 71 SE pretty soon that has a pinstripe so I will have to check the code on it. My ca
Welcome! My car has V4X stripes and its a single 1/4" wide pin stripe that wraps around the hood back and across the roof. Built on 901. Not sure if they changed it after that.

View attachment 848774 View attachment 848775

My car has the same half vinyl top as yours also so I wonder if my pinstripe is supposed to curved around it like that. I like all of the optional stripes tho and think they are all good looking. Ive got the V4X black half vinyl code on my first tag and then on my second trim tag its got the V7X stripe code and the 26 for 26 in core support and thats it other then the WP29N1G

I was mistaken as V4X is the half vinyl. My car is a Lynch Rd car and does not have a stripe code. It is original paint so it is the stripe it came with.

Neat car! Doesn't seems like the SE's often come in a high-impact color. Hope you got the AC stuff with it.

I was mistaken as V4X is the half vinyl. My car is a Lynch Rd car and does not have a stripe code. It is original paint so it is the stripe it came with.
Yea I made that mistake also when decoding my tags but yea we have the Black vinyl canopy top which I need the roof section of trim for badly as that was gone. Hoping to find someone who will trade some full vinyl top trim for the canopy half vinyl piece across the roof. From what I have found the V7X stripe is a longitudinal pinstripe that just runs all the way from upper front fender down to upper rear quarter panel and is the same style as yours and X is Black the code just says longitudinal accent stripe. Im happy with that itll be good to break up the Hemi Orange and it follows the body lines so itll look great but I do like your style stripe as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back