• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help a Brother!(Master cylinder stud source)

clemul

Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Trying to get my project together and i am missing 2 manual master cylinder mounting studs for my 67 belvedere. They are the studs that get pushed into the master cylinder and bolt through the firewall plate. I am having a devil of a time trying to find replacements. If anyone knows a source for these or has an old manual master cylinder laying around with them in, i would be happy to make it worth your while to get it to me. I couldnt find any on ebay and my heap sits... :( Any and all help would be much appreciated...thanks

Hi everybody,

Trying to get my project together and i am missing 2 manual master cylinder mounting studs for my 67 belvedere. They are the studs that get pushed into the master cylinder and bolt through the firewall plate. I am having a devil of a time trying to find replacements. If anyone knows a source for these or has an old manual master cylinder laying around with them in, i would be happy to make it worth your while to get it to me. I couldnt find any on ebay and my heap sits... :( Any and all help would be much appreciated...thanks

Why bother with the studs ? IIRC, you can use bolts through the back of the firewall and just use a nut and lock washer on the engine bay side. A 5/16 bolt/nut (I think) should work very well - unless you're engaged in a 'concourse' type build...

Southernman

Cant afford concourse build, but i am Obsessive/compulsive about my car and would prefer consistency under the hood...thanks for the tip though...

Are the studs in a power booster the same
I still see a few F and M bodies in U-pulls.

Auto Transport Service
Back