• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with master cylinder/1966 Satellite 318ci

LongR

Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
I have a very rusty single master cylinder W/O part#
I have power brakes/stock shoe brakes & drums all 4 corners
Help needed for part #

No sure if manual master is different than power

PXL_20240220_142202319.jpg

Last edited:
You need a conversion block and a couple lines like this along with a master cylinder for a 1967 (just look up a belvedere or satellite with power drum brakes)
But I'd seriously think about the booster as well. It likely doesn't have much life left.
How about the brake hoses?
Just replace them all in one go.
1708454826245.png

When I updated my 65 Coronet, I priced a rebuilt single and a 1966 dual MC. The dual was at least 5 dollars less expensive-on Rock Auto. Replumbing is easy. Just cut and flare the rear connection and plug the extra port on the brass block. I think your 66 block is different but, similar.
Mike
IMG_2467.JPG

You need a conversion block and a couple lines like this along with a master cylinder for a 1967 (just look up a belvedere or satellite with power drum brakes)
But I'd seriously think about the booster as well. It likely doesn't have much life left.
View attachment 1613078
It's a new project for me/runs great/looks good/just needs some updating & tinkering
I haven't gotten too far except trying to clean up the engine bay
The rubber brake lines look new...however I haven't taken off the drums yet
When I updated my 65 Coronet, I priced a rebuilt single and a 1966 dual MC. The dual was at least 5 dollars less expensive-on Rock Auto. Replumbing is easy. Just cut and flare the rear connection and plug the extra port on the brass block. I think your 66 block is different but, similar.
Mike
View attachment 1613084
You don't have a power booster
Is the master the same on manual brakes & power ??

View attachment 1613078
It's a new project for me/runs great/looks good/just needs some updating & tinkering

You don't have a power booster
Is the master the same on manual brakes & power ??
Or get rid of the power booster ???

View attachment 1613078
The 66 block takes 1/4" line inlet so it won't work. Remember on dual master front line is for rear brakes back line front brakes. The part number for your single master is on the bottom if it's a factory original.

Upgrading is smart......but I just wanted to give you an FYI. You could find that single pot master on RockAuto and other places in the very recent past. I bought a Delco Remy one a long time ago.... maybe a trained eye could spot the diff?? I sure could'nt.
HTH, Lefty71

The 66 block takes 1/4" line inlet so it won't work. Remember on dual master front line is for rear brakes back line front brakes. The part number for your single master is on the bottom if it's a factory original.
did the 66 satellite come with & without a power booster ????

Mine was power brakes,the power booster is a Bendix, 4 wheel drums. Did the conversion to dual master years ago. Have a Bendix that needs a rebuild if your interested $50. Has a couple of broken studs that a rebuilder will fix more pictures if you want
pbb1.jpg
IMG_1754.JPG
. Booster Dewey is one there are others.

IMO, but now would be a good time to upgrade to a dual circuit system.

My 66 was converted during the resto 25 years ago.
Even though my car is a hemi car, I chose safety over dead nuts OE correct

A phone call to one of the brake line suppliers will get you most if not everything you need. Explain to them what you want to d, and they will put something together to make it simple and easy.

I used Finelines but I think they all will get you to the place you need to go.

All the pieces on mine are what is used on a 1967 B body ( master cyl, Lines and prop valve ) and it all bolts in like it was made for it

20201018_151119.jpg

engine5.jpg

If you get a new master I would recommend cleaning it down with some alcohol and spray it with some clear engine paint or whatever you have.
Otherwise they get rusty.
1708462402056.png

Auto Transport Service
Back