• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help leaf springs please

Take a of the pins with wedges on but rear diff not on pins. Need to see if enough of pin comes through to positively locate rear end. Should ok with 2 degree shim but....

Correct, it’s a locating pin.

Any time I shimmed a rear axle, I just put the wedges in and ran the U-bolts back down. Locating pin will still contact part of the hole if it’s just a thin shim.
Thank you, I was confused because I clearly looked at both pins heads and it surely didn’t look like the holes are bigger than the heads. It looks like the heads are actually pulling down on the flat sections of the axle perch ? Maybe, they are just shifted enough making it appear that way or there is a lot of rust and dirt inside the holes making it appear that way ? So, if I jack the axle up enough, with the cars frame on jack stands, the pins should pull through the axle perch holes ?

Take a of the pins with wedges on but rear diff not on pins. Need to see if enough of pin comes through to positively locate rear end. Should ok with 2 degree shim but....
Yeah, it’s only 2 degree shims. Thank you. My mistake

The spring perch has an alignment hole,it is not bolted. UNbolt the U and jack the diff up for access.

8.1.14 002.jpg 8.1.14 001.jpg 8.1.14 002.jpg 8.1.14 004.jpg 8.1.14 007.jpg 8.1.14 008.jpg 8.1.14 009.jpg 8.1.14 013.jpg 8.1.14 016.jpg 8.1.14 017.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back