• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP! Road Runner is prison, or any garage door repair guys out there?

I actually have the manual to the door that says "9.6 turns". Really?? How do you do 0.6 turns?
Odd that everybody over at FABO says don't do it I will die, and everyone over here is encouraging me to tackle the job?
It's because we want you to die. :rolleyes:
It's like most things, "Think" before you do. Most of it isn't rocket science.
I'm a hard core DIY guy but I must admit that I typically hire a pro when it comes to overhead doors. Those damned things can kill you!:D

With that said, I have no problem tearing into a 220Volt/50 amp circuit to fix it. Go figure.

Last edited:
It's because we want you to die. :rolleyes:
It's like most things, "Think" before you do. Most of it isn't rocket science.
I'm a hard core DIY guy but I must admit that I typically hire a pro when it comes to overhead doors. Those damned things can kill you!:D
The key to repairing and installing overhead doors is first understanding how they operate. Once you understand how they work, it's just like anything else mechanical, it can be repaired quite easily.

Auto Transport Service
Back