• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help value a Roadrunner clone

Chances are he would let it got for less that 35 in that state. Great Color and pure Muscle Car Representation! And Vintage Air...Everything you could want to be the drive in King!

Dana $2500, Six Pack $2500, Air Grabber Complete- $4500, Six Pack K Frame- $500, Buckets $1000 plus restored, Rim Blow $500 plus, 15" Rallyes $800, Console and Pistol Grip and Pedals! and Hump installed! $2500! Rally Dash if nice $1000! Chin Spoilers and Wing $700, Tilt Column and Cruise! Rear Window Louvers.....WOW.
And all that stuff is restored

It has some special stuff and regardless if it has a little "N" in the VIN I'd way rather have that then a 383 car with a bench for 25G. Just Sayin!
Any body doing a "real" car should buy that and strip it for the extra 25G of restored parts.

SORRY, I posted this in the wrong thread.

The value of all Hemi cars took a hit in the economic turn down in 2008 and really have not recovered as much as many other makes and models. They are probably the best buy of anything since the Hemi is the big daddy of performance engines of all automotive makes. It is unclear why they suffered so much and for so long in this recovery but it is just a matter of time before it is corrected.
Regarding the value of the subject car, I will give you a real life example. I have a DONE 1966 WE21H Base Coronet 2 door sedan 426 Hemi 4 speed built to NHRA stock specs that I will sell for $55,000. I have WAY more in it and you could not build a clone for that. Different direction for my life prompts this offering but regardless it just shows the market.

Last edited:
i can't even get close to 25k myself..
why?
because at that number, i'm out looking for a real one!
no matter what that car has had done to it,
at the end of the day you still have a 71 318 satellite

That's a key reason why I didn't rebuild my '72 Satellite after I totaled it...if I did, I'd have over $30 into a '72 Satellite...

SORRY, I posted this in the wrong thread.

The value of all Hemi cars took a hit in the economic turn down in 2008 and really have not recovered as much as many other makes and models. They are probably the best buy of anything since the Hemi is the big daddy of performance engines of all automotive makes. It is unclear why they suffered so much and for so long in this recovery but it is just a matter of time before it is corrected.
Regarding the value of the subject car, I will give you a real life example. I have a DONE 1966 WE21H Base Coronet 2 door sedan 426 Hemi 4 speed built to NHRA stock specs that I will sell for $55,000. I have WAY more in it and you could not build a clone for that. Different direction for my life prompts this offering but regardless it just shows the market.

Nice to see you back. The '66 is still for sale huh?

Chances are he would let it got for less that 35 in that state. Great Color and pure Muscle Car Representation! And Vintage Air...Everything you could want to be the drive in King!

Dana $2500, Six Pack $2500, Air Grabber Complete- $4500, Six Pack K Frame- $500, Buckets $1000 plus restored, Rim Blow $500 plus, 15" Rallyes $800, Console and Pistol Grip and Pedals! and Hump installed! $2500! Rally Dash if nice $1000! Chin Spoilers and Wing $700, Tilt Column and Cruise! Rear Window Louvers.....WOW.
And all that stuff is restored

It has some special stuff and regardless if it has a little "N" in the VIN I'd way rather have that then a 383 car with a bench for 25G. Just Sayin!
Any body doing a "real" car should buy that and strip it for the extra 25G of restored parts.

to maximize the return,
he should take all that crap off it and sell the thing off for what it really is! lol
when you throw it all into one package and the main tie to value
is what the vins says, the rest that comes with it, comes with a discount,that is just how it is..
has it sold yet and for how much?

i wouldn't be surprised it it gets a good number
as it has all the bells and whistles
just no foundation.some people will not care.
your last sentence says it all..lol
"Any body doing a "real" car should buy that and strip it for the extra 25G of restored parts"

I could get close to his number if it had the little number in the vin going for it.
but without it, i can't get halfway there,king of the drive in or not..

That's a key reason why I didn't rebuild my '72 Satellite after I totaled it...if I did, I'd have over $30 into a '72 Satellite...

what a shame,i remember that was a nice orig car.
yeah, it costs the same to rebuild a rr/x as it does a satellite
none is worth it, but you have to choose your battles wisely
as either is not cheap to do.
a good example of that is this car and the trouble to sell it at a good price.
the magic vin number would sure help the process along faster..

No matter how much you pay for it, it's gonna be disappointing when someone walks up looks at the vin and says "oh, just a satellite".

If you plan on keeping a clone forever buy it. Buying for an investment? Better be a #matching real thing.

I've never understood why Satellites get no respect. We've owned Sat's, RR's and GTX's and they truly are like equals. I think part of it is the name. It doesn't have gravitas, it's got no grit.
I drove a 69 A/C 318 Sport Satellite to college. It was a great car.
I think eventually they will rise in value just as some of the other less desirable have, it just may take a few more decades.
I feel like my GTX is a fusion of the Sat and RR: SHOW from the Sat and GO from the RR.
Get them while they are cheap.

The pic of the brown Satellite is the "before" it was turned into SGG.
Problem is seller is asking $46,500 which I wouldn't even consider paying.
It took a lot of $$$ to make up this beauty, but in the end, it's still a Satty.
Basically, you guys are placing its value at about half of what seller is asking.
Seller told me he has an offer for $40k, but who knows?
So I'm thinking of buying something else, but I must sell this first. But the more I look at the Duster, the more I want to just keep it. I just really wanted another big block. I put the Duster on ebay just to see how it goes.

View attachment 375833 View attachment 375834 View attachment 375835 View attachment 375836
Why don't u just put a 440 in the duster??? Way cool...

The pic of the brown Satellite is the "before" it was turned into SGG.
Problem is seller is asking $46,500 which I wouldn't even consider paying.
It took a lot of $$$ to make up this beauty, but in the end, it's still a Satty.
Basically, you guys are placing its value at about half of what seller is asking.
Seller told me he has an offer for $40k, but who knows?
So I'm thinking of buying something else, but I must sell this first. But the more I look at the Duster, the more I want to just keep it. I just really wanted another big block. I put the Duster on ebay just to see how it goes.

View attachment 375833 View attachment 375834 View attachment 375835 View attachment 375836

That Duster is really nice !! Ron

This was my buddies car as it was a 71 Roadrunner clone. The VIN says it was a 318 Satellite or Belvedere but my buddy never checked the VIN before he bought the car as he was told it was a real 383 Runner with the 440 + 6 added. Had the 440 + 6 in it and was a very nice car. He sold it around 2005 and got 14K for it from what I remember. The only thing different was it had a few primer spots on the paint where he had worked a few spots when he sold it. The guy who owns it now had it painted and added aluminum heads to it as it runs 11.70's now. It had run a best of 12.20's with 906 heads on the 440. Real nice guy who owns it now as the car is in PA and my buddy had bought it at Carlisle around 1997 as the guy who sold it to him told him it was a real 383 Roadrunner that had the 440 + 6 put in it as my buddy never checked the VIN before he bought it and he paid 12K for it in 1997 when he bought it thinking it was a real Roadrunner. And then he sold it in 2005 for 14K and the guy who bought it checked the VIN and knew it was a clone and not a real Runner. Ron

408502461.jpg

Originally a 1971 Satellite Sebring no rust car. Has turned into a Sassy Grass Green 440+6 4 speed car with front winglets, rear spoiler, window slats, repro air grabber hood, rimblow wheel, buckets/console, vintage a/c, tilt wheel, cruise control. Has a/c vents in dash so may have been a factory a/c car when new. Totally stripped and repainted and an exact replica to my non-professional eyes. Bottom fully detailed. Looks near perfect. Motor is a date coded 1969. Carb setup is brand new.
What do you think would be a fair price to pay?

View attachment 375355 View attachment 375356 View attachment 375357 View attachment 375358 View attachment 375359

Also, just for your consideration, I was chatting with my Dad, who has driven/restored/raced Mopars for 50 years, and his comment on post 1970 Roadrunners/Satellites/etc is that they have much less value in general than the previous 1968-70 body style...

This is a commonly held thought process by many people, including me... While you may not agree on that wise personally, value is determined by not only what you would pay for something, but by what is thought of as "desireable" by the general MOPAR public...

Last edited:
Psst....threads over a year old...

There's another thread going on " does it really matter if it's a clone"..........here's a good answer for that thread, Guess it does !

Auto Transport Service
Back