• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with seized nut on Master Cylinder

so would I. just need a couple of items first...

View attachment 424606

View attachment 424607

il_fullxfull.264127453.jpg

draft_bride_wcotton_split_rein_and_snaffle_2048x2048.jpg

When I converted my 70 from manual drum to power disc everything that could go wrong did go wrong.
I can sympathize with you, Sir. I'm ashamed to say my front disc conversion is still not complete and I've probably put well over 50 hours into the job. Delays such as missing parts, wrong parts, etc cost me three, or four weekends, too.

I have yet to have any luck with PB Blaster. Everyone tells me how terrific it is, but it has yet to impress me. I have had some success with TriFlow.

I bought a set of Craftsman 'professional' SAE line wrenches at ACE Hardware for $27. YES, they are China sourced, but I like them and so far, work well for me.

Keep us updated on the process.

I like s'ok, that stuff has been around for years and always worked for me...

662-S-OK-AERO.EPS.jpg

I can sympathize with you, Sir. I'm ashamed to say my front disc conversion is still not complete and I've probably put well over 50 hours into the job. Delays such as missing parts, wrong parts, etc cost me three, or four weekends, too.

I have yet to have any luck with PB Blaster. Everyone tells me how terrific it is, but it has yet to impress me. I have had some success with TriFlow.

I bought a set of Craftsman 'professional' SAE line wrenches at ACE Hardware for $27. YES, they are China sourced, but I like them and so far, work well for me.

Keep us updated on the process.
Yep brakes suck ads.
I would work on them until I got pisses off then work on something else on the car.
Then back to the brakes
When I put it away, front disc brakes were working, rear drum brakes werent. I get the feeling the cheap Chinaman cylinders were seized.

If the line wrench wants to round it off, take a good pair of vice grips, the straight jaw one, not the rounded jaw, clamp it on there squarely and it will break loose. Then use a flat file to take off any burrs. I've had to do this dozens of times.

I have even vice grip clamped over the line wrench to hold it from spreading open, when there's room.

Good luck!

You asked for it Justin!!!! Was there ever any doubt RC wouldn't make an appearence????
:lol:

Sorry to hear about your rusty nuts Mario.
I wish I had something else to add, but it seems that most ideas have been covered off. :lol:

RC again!! Seriously Mario, if you try heat try to heat where the threads are and put the wrench and "smack" it hard with your hand for a little shock value; don't just try pulling on the wrench.

RC again!! Seriously Mario, if you try heat try to heat where the threads are and put the wrench and "smack" it hard with your hand for a little shock value; don't just try pulling on the wrench.
That is EXACTLY how he will get that happy ending dealing with those dang nuts, lol...

Yup, "shock value" works a lot of times. You get some rust built up between backside of tubing flare& tubing nut that just doesn't want to let them rotate.

Yup, "shock value" works a lot of times. You get some rust built up between backside of tubing flare& tubing nut that just doesn't want to let them rotate.
Or try tightening a bit with the heat then loosening. Sometimes breaking it loose requires opposite directions

operation busted nut is a success!!!

a little heat, a little shock and awe with a ball peen and the PROPER wrench and she came loose instantly.

thank you kindly for all of y'alls advice!

just glad this didnt happen to my nuts...

squirrel nuts.png

operation busted nut is a success!!!

a little heat, a little shock and awe with a ball peen and the PROPER wrench and she came loose instantly.

thank you kindly for all of y'alls advice!

just glad this didnt happen to my nuts...

View attachment 424693
1d86dd5c71e69330f956471c717980c7.jpg

Well done on freeing up your nuts Mario. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back