• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Hauler gets a ramp body

Jeff Peterson

ROARING '65's!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
After a 9 month wait, we were finally given the green flag to send it to Hodges for its new ramp body!
72243898886__CDA30AC5-3FA5-400F-946D-A516FA2B3F5B.jpeg

IMG_3028.png

Last edited:
There will be more to pics as progress starts, it just arrived this morning.
It will be a pretty involved project due to the fact the frame has to be stretched before they even start on the body.

Absolutely love this.

Very few things are more exciting than seeing a a ramp truck with a MOPAR on the back of it in the wild. You'll get mobbed everywhere.

A Mopar ramp truck with a Mopar on the ramp!! Brings back lots of memories.

So cool! Drooling ... gas burner power under the hood?

We got the truck a year ago already done, the cab sits on a mid nineties International Harvester chassis with a 250 dt466 diesel, I added the “ez fender flares” and put air conditioning in.
IMG_2778.jpeg
IMG_3013.jpeg
IMG_2913.jpeg

I would assume air brake unit chassis? That would make it more serviceable for sure.. as long as it’s not a Maxx Force!

Easy to work on and drive for sure, nice truck, also easier to stretch with a modern frame rail.

Jeff,
Looking at the truck looks like a D700, maybe 67 with an early hood.

The fenders and such change at D300 & D400 and then again at D500 and bigger if I remember correctly but it’s been many years since I have had some of mine.

Cliff Ramsdell
IMG_4450.jpeg
IMG_4451.jpeg

When it gets home the Eaton direct 6 speed is getting replaced with an OD unit with 6th being .78

It’s titled as a ‘68 d600
I’ve found many pictures on the web of old hood, newer grill, maybe it was just a heavy truck thing, here’s sox and Martin’s with the same combo
IMG_3018.jpeg

My buddy built this truck. I have driven it. Ironic that you are lengthening it, because it used to be a longer wheelbase, and he shortened it.

I love it, Dove tail deck going on ?
We used a Winne chassis for our 1950 COE. Had to add 74 " and a carrier bearing in the drive shaft.
We farmed out the drive shaft build.
I love these old trucks, waiting for pics when you get it home.

Auto Transport Service
Back