• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Orange 72 Rallye Charger

I also tore apart the original driver's window motor apart and learned some things thanks to the forum. I ordered some carbon generic brushes from Amazon and replaced worn out originals. I still have one more motor to take apart. But now I know what to do.
Screenshot_20191113-120555_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20191113-120622_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20191113-120713_Video Player.jpg

I am getting ready to lay the carpet and then finish up the dash and get it put back in the car.

I bought firewall insulation from Classic Industries "OER". Looks original. Since most of the insulation was either ruined or missing I'm having trouble figuring out where the remaining pieces go. I did get at kit from Detroit muscle somewhere along the lines, but it's not original looking. But there is some pieces that weren't in the OER kit. Any help as to where they should go?
20191118_191129.jpg
20191118_191053.jpg
20191118_191109.jpg

Put frost king down then laid out the carpet today.
I am wanting to mount my cassette console to the top of the center console but not sure exactly where to drill the holes. Any one know or have a picture?

Waiting on more parts from Classic.

Installed the rear seat belts, lower quarter panels, sun visors, and new slap stick.
20191124_211523.jpg
20191124_211623.jpg

Cleaned up the shoulder belt buckles. But need to die them black, they are faded pretty bad.
20191124_205017.jpg
20191124_210519.jpg

Waiting on more parts from Classic.

Installed the rear seat belts, lower quarter panels, sun visors, and new slap stick. View attachment 871762 View attachment 871760 Cleaned up the shoulder belt buckles. But need to die them black, they are faded pretty bad.
View attachment 871759 View attachment 871761

It's looking really good! Would you be willing to show a picture on how you cut the carpet around the center console? I am in the process of doing the exact same thing and accidentally butchered my carpet in the back. I had to buy a new set but would love to avoid the same mistake again.

Did you have to cut it up front to fit around the firewall?

It's looking really good! Would you be willing to show a picture on how you cut the carpet around the center console? I am in the process of doing the exact same thing and accidentally butchered my carpet in the back. I had to buy a new set but would love to avoid the same mistake again.

Did you have to cut it up front to fit around the firewall?

I didn't take pictures of the carpet trimmed around the brackets under the console, but I referenced an article. They have a video too.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/1973-charger-new-carpet-installation/

I removed the shifter and linkage cut minimal material. I did cut a small hole for the high beam switch and cut out around the gas pedal. Hope this helps.

Well I just couldn't bring myself to toss in the dash without refinishing it. I tore it out year's ago in efforts to replace all sketchy wiring. But just never got around to finishing it. So here it goes.

I removed the new harness. Installed the RT engineering solid state voltage limiter.
20191125_213045.jpg
20191125_213042.jpg
20191126_140738.jpg
20191126_140905.jpg

The center between the ash reciever and the glove box was beat up. I hammer and dollied pretty good. I skimmed it with filler and feathered it out.
20191126_131629.jpg
20191126_174444.jpg

I stripped the rest of the dash for painting. Since I can't fit it in my best cabinet, I just used a stripper wheel. The back side I cleaned off the loose rust that J couldn't reach with the clean up disc. I then painted the backside with rust barrier from duplicolor.

Started the process to paint the dash frame and threw my back out. Got 3 heavy coats of primer on. Good thing I did because trash got in it. And in the worst spot possible. Right next to the vin.
20191128_214411.jpg
20191128_214418.jpg

Another shipment of stuff came in from Classic.
Trunk divider, divider insulation, front upper door panel's, and a new driver's door window switch. I really wanted to just make my old switch work, but I couldn't get it apart.
20191202_135841.jpg

Got to watch your back ! Trust me I got scars from the two back surgery s I've had !

Slowly getting back to work on the project. I got trunk divider with insulation installed. Also ripped out the driver's side upper window seal. I planned to put the new one on but realized that I was out of weather strip sealant. Installed the quarter glass seal on the driver's side. Put the driver's rear panels in.
20191210_173432.jpg
20191210_171112.jpg

Question. Does the sail panel board sit on top of the package tray or under it? I believe the lower quarter trim goes under the tray, but don't remember where the sail panel trim went. I searched the forums and haven't seen anyone talk about it.
20191211_080614.jpg

Got the dash reassembled. Tested all the lights. I need to put a plug on the radio to hook up the harness. Also waiting on a few odds to come in before I get it installed in the car.
20191217_175302.jpg
20191218_013144.jpg
[]
20191217_174728.jpg
20191222_105241.jpg

I have installed the dash. Scratched it in the process, screw it, it adds character.
Also installed a factory electric trunk release. I went through the steering column a few years ago ( replaced ignition switch, and turn signal switch).
I plan on installing a factory cruise control system once I find everything. So far I just have the turn signal lever, wiring harness and a couple of small brackets. I still need the servo and mount, break pedal switch bracket(I believe its different, but not sure), cables and vacuum hose. So if anyone has a lead on any of that stuff and it's not more expensive than Lindsay Lohan's coke habit, let me know.
I'll post up some picture's later today.

I have installed the dash. Scratched it in the process, screw it, it adds character.
Also installed a factory electric trunk release. I went through the steering column a few years ago ( replaced ignition switch, and turn signal switch).
I plan on installing a factory cruise control system once I find everything. So far I just have the turn signal lever, wiring harness and a couple of small brackets. I still need the servo and mount, break pedal switch bracket(I believe its different, but not sure), cables and vacuum hose. So if anyone has a lead on any of that stuff and it's not more expensive than Lindsay Lohan's coke habit, let me know.
I'll post up some picture's later today.
Hi fate been watching your progress . It looks so very much like my charger Rallye I purchased new in ‘72
I will try to find my old paperwork for the car and if I have the vin I will send so you can check . One big reason is the pw it was a rare option back then and the hidden head lights and 440 -727 is what I had . I would love to know she is still around
Best of luck with the resto

Hi fate been watching your progress . It looks so very much like my charger Rallye I purchased new in ‘72
I will try to find my old paperwork for the car and if I have the vin I will send so you can check . One big reason is the pw it was a rare option back then and the hidden head lights and 440 -727 is what I had . I would love to know she is still around
Best of luck with the resto
Hey that would be awesome! Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back