• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemming Article on Dart

FlagCraig

Local time
9:39 PM
Reaction score
This could have been posted. April issue on 62 Dart. Good info and pictures. What I found very cool was that of the 6 cylinder 330 station wagon only 6 were made. Also the author did his homework.

The only thing that irked me was that the owner didn't have the dash rechromed. Seems like more often than not I see a "restored" car and they never took the time to restore the dash. I mean that is what YOU look at every time you drive your car.

dash.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Craig. Got a link or anything to that article? On the Hemmings website, no mention of a 1962 Dart feature in April edition...

The only thing that irked me was that the owner didn't have the dash rechromed. Seems like more often than not I see a "restored" car and they never took the time to restore the dash. I mean that is what YOU look at every time you drive your car.

As with everything, it all comes down to cubic dollars.

How much did it cost to have your bezel re-chromed?

Last edited:
I couldn't find it on there web site yet. Maybe yet to be posted. There could be a delay hoping you'll buy magazine.

I bought the hard copy ($5.99) on the grocery store shelf.

Yeah having my dash re-chromed is down the line......not gonna be cheap.

That is not a bad price. I'll have to put that in the budget.

Thanks.

Sorry Khryslerkid, I wasn't following along. I think that everyone will give you a different time frame because it all depends on Glenns schedule, work load and when you get it to him. I want to say mine took six weeks to get it back.

I suggest calling him to get an idea of the best time to send the dash in for the least amount of down time. Being that spring has sprung he is going to be pretty busy.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not a bad price. I'll have to put that in the budget.

Thanks.

Totally worth it! Scrimp a little on the stuff you can do later, during the winter kinda stuff and get your dash done.

Auto Transport Service
Back