• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey DAWG...An Update on my 1966 Plynmouth Satellite Project

cr8crshr

Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
OK...Some here know of the struggles I have been having with this build but I wanted to at least update ya'll of the recent fixes and all with some pics. Here ya go DAWG...And to the rest ask any questions and I will try and accommodate you...Enjoy as the Fire Up most likely will be tomorrow...cr8crshr/Tuck:blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: 001.jpg013.jpg012.jpg010.jpg009.jpg008.jpg007.jpg004.jpg003.jpg002.jpg011.jpg

That looks great! I hope a video comes with the "fire up" I imagine im not alone saying it would be great to listen/watch.. either-or good luck, if it runs as great as it looks you got it made, I hope you'll post up photos of the car when you finish!

congrats Tuck!! been a long-*** journey to get here!!!

and we def need a fire-up vid!!

That does look nice. Can't wait until I'm at that stage with my project. Did you build the motor back to stock specs?

That does look nice. Can't wait until I'm at that stage with my project. Did you build the motor back to stock specs?

No...Built more to a 383 HP as opposed to a stock build. Runnin' a Hughes Cam/2328 with their lifters, Speed Pro .30 over Pistons on re-conditioned stock rods, stock crank 20/20, 440 Source Heads with their stock springs, etc, Cat Roller Rockers on Chrome rocker shafts, EBrock 383 RPM intake with a Holley 750 dual feed. Stock Torque Converter with 391 gears and 727 Torgue Flite Transmission. Funny thing yesterday...After I left to head home, my Bro who has been a tremendous help with this project as it is being built in his garage, was doing some final work and all. He put the battery in and got the ground hooked up, but when he hooked the Positive cable to the battery post, it started to crank over. He stopped immediately and left it. Now I do not have the Distributor wired up nor the Alternator yet. My thinking is I have a short somewhere...starter relay or some where else that is tricking the starter to crank the engine over. Kinda like the cheater way to get a car started with a screw driver bridging the starter relay posts to get it to crank. Before this removal and re-build all electrical worked perfectly and it would start normally. So I will check that out later today while we are Smoking a Pork Shoulder out on the Smoker and enjoying our nice high 60's low 70's weather.

- - - Updated - - -

Pictures actually do not show the dings and dirt and scratches that are in the engine bay from all the work being done. Looks good at say 10 ft but look closer and it isn't quite as clean as I would like it. But ya know what??? This is going to be a driver so what isn't seen isn't going to effect or detract at all. Tons more pics later on....:headbang::headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back