• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey parts vendors....how about INCLUDING A DECENT SET OF INSTRUCTIONS in with the parts you're selling?

It can be hard to detect humor from some people.
I get MISinterpreted far more online than in person because context and facial expressions really sell the story.
In my opinion, it did seem like Mopar Hunter was dismissing the importance of my complaint but I wasn't sure.....so I let it slide.

It can be hard to detect humor from some people.
I get MISinterpreted far more online than in person because context and facial expressions really sell the story.
In my opinion, it did seem like Mopar Hunter was dismissing the importance of my complaint but I wasn't sure.....so I let it slide.
I agree with you, some instructions you get, shouldn’t even be included. Most items you don’t even get instructions. This is exactly why I come to this forum, like reading your threads for example, that’s how I get great information.

When I start a thread here for a project that I'm doing, the reasons are many. One is to catalog the process for me and for others to use as a reference some time later. Another is to casually ask for guidance along the way. Many times my plans go off course and in a better direction because of the helpful members that see me heading toward a mistake and help me avoid them.

Written instructions are nowhere near as good as illustrations/pictures, those are worth 1000 words. When I was installing my Baer brake kits, they had both pictures and verbiage.

Most of the problems I've encountered
we're on the electrical side of things.
There were no amperage listings
for the headlights, trans oil cooler,,
or blower motor. Chinese.
Some parts had pics but were nowhere
near the part I had in hand, and as KD
noted, no instructions at all.

What the hell has happened to these companies? How much money are they saving by not including a good set of instructions in the package?
Here's the problem:
A man goes to install an ice maker in his fridge.
A man goes to install a garage door opener.
A man goes to install a porch light.
A man goes to install a new brake booster.
Every one of those guys gets the parts he needs, then gets home and opens the box to find either:
Meager instructions.
NO instructions other than to go to the manufacturers website to download instructions.
That is it.
This is bullshit. Not everyone has installed those parts numerous times where they are completely familiar with it all and need no help. SOME people are doing it for the first time and need direction.
This has happened twice to me in one week.
First, I bought a vacuum booster, linkage and reinforcement plate for a 66-70 B body Mopar. I have never installed this specific kit before. ZERO instructions were in the box.
During the installation, I encountered a few issues that would have been a LOT easier IF the vendor would have included a few pages of instructions.
Today I was going through the incomplete instructions for a Vintage Air kit for another 66-70 B body. This time there were instructions but they are horrible. They include NO clear measurements on where to drill holes in the firewall to mount the evaporator/fan unit. The aftermarket kit uses a non stock unit with mounting holes in different locations. Do these idiots think their customers are mind readers?
Sure...a decent tech can muddle through and figure it out but why make things difficult for your customers?
I installed a Classic Auto Air kit in my Charger in 2019 and those instructions, while not perfect, were much better than the ones included in the Vintage Air kit.
This is shitty business practice. These pricks need to be told that it will not be tolerated.
I'm not a fan of the brush off that some companies do....go to our website and download the instructions....
Here is a better idea. YOU download them and put them in the box with the parts.
You know, like decent companies used to do.
Exactly, when good money is spent on a product the least they can do is include instructions. I guess they think people are Mcgivers, and can make a helicopter out of paper clips, and wingnuts. I'm convinced they just don't give a crap, and it will only get better if people stop buying their products.

Auto Transport Service
Back