• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi There From Middle East TN

mark42202

Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score
Hi all! I race a 1964 Plymouth Fury at the local drag strip. She is my pride and joy! Never had rust, third owner, 63,000 original miles, and still has the ol' push button tranny. I run her with a iron headed 440 on alky and do ok with it. Best run to date is a 6.74@102mph leaving it in DRIVE and off the footbrake. Gonna try to do a little something with the heads before the season starts and see if I can pick up some more! Here she is!

IMG_2750.gif

IMG_2913.gif

IMG_2915.gif

awsome wheel stand

Thanks, but she can do better. My local track has an index race for 7.0 and that was what I was racing in that day. I had it tuned WAAAY down plus had a weight bar in it trying to get it slowed to 7.0. .25 is hard to take out when you have a foot problem like I do! LMAO, once it's mashed, I just can't seem to let up til I cross the line. After the head work is done, she should come up a little higher... I hope!!

Welcome. You could always make yourself a "throttle stop" simply by adjusting the cable so it won't go WOT. You'd get the same run every time as well

Welcome, Very nice ride.. Im trying to get one together as well.. Car looks great going down the track as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzHjY3gj1Zs
You have any extra fury parts layin around let me know..lol

Thanks! Hopefully I'll get some more vids up when the season starts. As you can see, just about every time I go faster, I put up another video, lol!

Welcome. You could always make yourself a "throttle stop" simply by adjusting the cable so it won't go WOT. You'd get the same run every time as well

I considered that, but because I leave it in DRIVE, I need the kickdown linkage to go all the back. I'm sure I could play with it and get it there, but I'm not going to be racing in that class anymore. Working towards a faster class now.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Looking forward to gleaning as much info as possible from the members here!

What tranny setup you running?? I would love to keep my push button setup, but its gonna have to hold 600-700 hp? Ive been told the 64 setups cant hold that kinda power.

What tranny setup you running?? I would love to keep my push button setup, but its gonna have to hold 600-700 hp? Ive been told the 64 setups cant hold that kinda power.

Mine is holding just fine. I run a 727 with a shift kit and a turbo action 9" converter and launch at 2900. Talk to A&A Trans. They can get you all set up. I leave it in DRIVE and it shifts at 5700 every time. I'm pushing right at 700hp at the flywheel and going stronger when my heads are done. Tranny never gets too hot and launching that low doesn't slam it like a t-brake would.

Thats about what im lookin for,, mine will see as much street use, as it will the track. Im wanting to just put it in drive an roll on.. Ive been told the old ball an trunnion setup, was the weak link in the early trannys. Thanks for the info, ill have to look them up.

nice 64, looks good. Looks like it hooks well and goes straight. Welcome from Northwest Indiana

Thats about what im lookin for,, mine will see as much street use, as it will the track. Im wanting to just put it in drive an roll on.. Ive been told the old ball an trunnion setup, was the weak link in the early trannys. Thanks for the info, ill have to look them up.

I agree about the ball and trunnion... Mine is converted to a slip yoke.

Auto Transport Service
Back