• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High School Building a 68 "Super Bee" Turbine Bronze.

The 1968 model has the BEST taillights of any year Coronet.

Man the 68 R/T tailight configuration has got to be one of the best tail light setups.....right after the 68 Charger tails that is. The 69 tail lights on the coronet always looked goofy to me with the 3 rectangles in it. After 68.....I am like that's the best you can do Chrysler? Always reminded me of one of those 3 eyed monsters or something goofy. :D:D

maxresdefault.jpg

288442.jpg

What will the tickets run out of curiosity? I want a few.

I'm on your mailing list as I have supported Spartan Garage for many years after an article about you guys in Hemmings. Buying more than my usual 3 tickets this year.

Are these ok to reuse?

how would one recondition these. I’ve went though dadsbee thread and I saw him installed. Do they make repo?

what attaches to these? Long metal piece that goes around the rear view?

E8183F8A-295E-4A5D-83AC-813AD16023D1.jpeg

You don't want repops.. they're junk and all break as they're too brittle. Test fit the ones you have so that they just go in the holes. AFTER the headliner is in place use a soldering tip and burn the holes open. Put these in and then gently squeeze the tabs, which will spread the longer tabs to retain them. They hold the upper windshield trim in place...
beerestoration2017 1173.JPG
beerestoration2019 3198.JPG
beerestoration2019 3199.JPG
beerestoration2019 3200.JPG
beerestoration2019 3201.JPG

You don't want repops.. they're junk and all break as they're too brittle. Test fit the ones you have so that they just go in the holes. AFTER the headliner is in place use a soldering tip and burn the holes open. Put these in and then gently squeeze the tabs, which will spread the longer tabs to retain them. They hold the upper windshield trim in place...
View attachment 1043409 View attachment 1043414 View attachment 1043415 View attachment 1043416 View attachment 1043417

you are awesome man!

What if my metal trim piece has a hole in the center like the mirror fits through it? I can get a picture of it tomorrow.

If yours is cut out, someone may have put a C body mirror base in the car at some point. If you look close in the last picture you can see an indent in my trim piece from exactly that when I did so in the '80's.

If yours is cut out, someone may have put a C body mirror base in the car at some point. If you look close in the last picture you can see an indent in my trim piece from exactly that when I did so in the '80's.

Found the piece. It’s one solid with no mirror hole. What’s weird is I found a wider one with a mirror hole....

This is a very slow process. Especially since I’ve never and the students never done one. So far not bad. Looking for adhesive to use. Word is contact cement

D9736D5D-62AA-4B9E-8FC8-993D412BFBEF.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back