• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Highest resale color for a B Body?

it's the only yellow I like :)
That is one of my least favorite Mopar colors, however....Back in the day, when the original owner of my GTX had the dealership, he ordered a few good looking '69 Road Runners in that shade. The key was the finishing touches - Black hood stripes and interiors, magnum 500s with the new Goodyear Polyglas white letter tires.

That is one of my least favorite Mopar colors, however....Back in the day, when the original owner of my GTX had the dealership, he ordered a few good looking '69 Road Runners in that shade. The key was the finishing touches - Black hood stripes and interiors, magnum 500s with the new Goodyear Polyglas white letter tires.

always liked that "pale" sunfire yellow......... top banana, not so much

Personal experience, from seven GTX sales. I owned Lemon Twist, QQ1 blue, Avocado Green, and Scorch Red. The red cars drew incredibly more interest than the others. The current one drew an unsolicited offer 50% over book value, but I didn't sell it.

That a reference to my super gorgeous '71 Challenger that the market shuns due to it being root beer brown? :lol:
I actually don't find the metallic browns, golds and greens that many seem to abhor to be boring. The colors I find boring are white and beige. Especially beige.
And purple because I have been mostly an E body guy for the last 40 years and after seeing 1 million FC7 E bodies already, I don't need to see any more!
Are B body fans as snooty about colors as the E body crowd (in other words, if it aint High Impact or black, it's totally worthless)?

That a reference to my super gorgeous '71 Challenger that the market shuns due to it being root beer brown? :lol:
I actually don't find the metallic browns, golds and greens that many seem to abhor to be boring. The colors I find boring are white and beige. Especially beige.
And purple because I have been mostly an E body guy for the last 40 years and after seeing 1 million FC7 E bodies already, I don't need to see any more!
Are B body fans as snooty about colors as the E body crowd (in other words, if it aint High Impact or black, it's totally worthless)?

I'm working on a Brown V code challenger......

not a huge fan of brown, but IMO, every color looks nice if done well......... give me a quality Brown job over a shitty B5 job any day

Hey! I meant no disrespect... I like your Challenger, had one in FK5 myself.... I just know you stole it at auction cause no one wanted a sedately colored E body... And now that you've had your fun people aren't lining up to buy it either.... Cool car.. But the color isn't grabbing all the attention....

For me back in my youth one day out cruising in my U code FK5 Challenger I did a pretty big smokey burnout... A cop saw some of the smoke & heard the noise.... But clearly didn't see the actual burnout cause he pulled over my buddies bright shiny red Camaro.....:rofl:

Hey! I meant no disrespect... I like your Challenger, had one in FK5 myself.... I just know you stole it at auction cause no one wanted a sedately colored E body... And now that you've had your fun people aren't lining up to buy it either.... Cool car.. But the color isn't grabbing all the attention....

For me back in my youth one day out cruising in my U code FK5 Challenger I did a pretty big smokey burnout... A cop saw some of the smoke & heard the noise.... But clearly didn't see the actual burnout cause he pulled over my buddies bright shiny red Camaro.....:rofl:
In the mid 90s I was searching for a E body convertible and not having much luck. I ran some wanted ads, and got a call about a FK5 Challenger that I was sort of mehh about since the color didn't appeal to me. It wasn't too far away and I wasn't getting a whole lot of responses, so I decided to drag myself out to see it. I ended up buying it despite my reservations about the color, and it turned out to be the best money I ever spent!
Browns and burnt orange certainly have grown on me! In fact, if I get space to make another vintage car purchase, my top choice for color next time will be a metallic green. Call my collection the island of unwanted colored toys if you must!
Is GK6 a pretty color, or is this a face only a parent can love? Apparently the latter, as when I have advertised it, I am mostly greeted with the sound of crickets.

4-22-12_052-2.jpg

I currently own four red (or red and beige) cars, and red would have been the first choice of color on only one of them.
When buying used, sometimes you have to take a color you don't want, to get the car that you do want.
But I will NEVER buy another black car again.

In the mid 90s I was searching for a E body convertible and not having much luck. I ran some wanted ads, and got a call about a FK5 Challenger that I was sort of mehh about since the color didn't appeal to me. It wasn't too far away and I wasn't getting a whole lot of responses, so I decided to drag myself out to see it. I ended up buying it despite my reservations about the color, and it turned out to be the best money I ever spent!
Browns and burnt orange certainly have grown on me! In fact, if I get space to make another vintage car purchase, my top choice for color next time will be a metallic green. Call my collection the island of unwanted colored toys if you must!
Is GK6 a pretty color, or is this a face only a parent can love? Apparently the latter, as when I have advertised it, I am mostly greeted with the sound of crickets.

View attachment 1643606
That's a beauty!
I bought a 69 roadrunner in Bahama yellow, in spite of the color, cause it was an A12. I now love the color, can't imagine it in anything else.

That's a beauty!
I bought a 69 roadrunner in Bahama yellow, in spite of the color, cause it was an A12. I now love the color, can't imagine it in anything else.
With the factory black hood of an A12 car, I've always liked that shade. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned color combinations yet. For me personally, green cars rise several notches with red line tires and a white interior. I've always considered interior colors in combination with body color, and tire/wheel combinations in the overall aesthetic. However, the market at large seems to be more focused on the body color. I've tracked GTX sales diligently for decades. I've never owned a black one, largely because I was too frugal to pay the mark up. They tend to eclipse the other colors at auction.

Let's say from 1968-1972. B-Bodies only. Originality does not count. Just in your experience what shade brings the most money on the auction block?
B5 is a popular color for the masses. Some of the more obscure colors may bring more money because of rarity but they may not be the most attractive. My old Y3 (Cream) Bee is an odd duck but not the coolest color. I always liked L5 (Butterscotch or Bahama Yellow) but not the most popular color for sure.
butterscotch.jpg

074.jpg

002.JPG

With the factory black hood of an A12 car, I've always liked that shade. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned color combinations yet. For me personally, green cars rise several notches with red line tires and a white interior. I've always considered interior colors in combination with body color, and tire/wheel combinations in the overall aesthetic. However, the market at large seems to be more focused on the body color. I've tracked GTX sales diligently for decades. I've never owned a black one, largely because I was too frugal to pay the mark up. They tend to eclipse the other colors at auction.
I wish my rr had a saddle interior, instead of black, but Oh well!
Agree, I love the two and three tone colors of the fifties cars. And the not-always-black interiors.
Black paint, if it's clean (almost never) is beautiful..... as long as it's on somebody else's car.

My rr only has the black hood.
Imo, butterscotch looks even better on a bee, with a black top, hood and stripe.....JUST like Mike posted!
And I love your old cream bee too, Mike.

My rr only has the black hood.
Imo, butterscotch looks even better on a bee, with a black top, hood and stripe.....JUST like Mike posted!
And I love your old cream bee too, Mike.
I actually like my old Coronet better. It was a pieced together car with a 361 under the hood but it was fun!
My 69 coronet 1a (2).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back