• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood latch remote pull

Found a picture with the flasher.

1703560317019.png

That still eaves me with my thought that 66 dashes were not manufactured with with 4 way flasher indents.
May have been but was that optional afterthought. So the dash was not designed for it.

I think I posted this somewhere, that some States made it mandatory at sometime in 66. New York being one of them. Not positive though.
That is correct. Same with the optional passenger mirror. Some regions began requiring them. Then the headrests.

I think those original clips are made out of Unobtanium. I'm going to use Lawn Mower throttle cable hold down clips, they look similar to those. I bought a bag of them off of Amazon for like 21 bucks . LOL! Anyways I have another question. How about the Spring that holds the release lever to the left? How long is it and what do you thing the pull pressure is? do you think you could post a picture of that too?
Thanks

I think those original clips are made out of Unobtanium. I'm going to use Lawn Mower throttle cable hold down clips, they look similar to those. I bought a bag of them off of Amazon for like 21 bucks . LOL! Anyways I have another question. How about the Spring that holds the release lever to the left? How long is it and what do you thing the pull pressure is? do you think you could post a picture of that too?
Thanks
Those pieces are probably easily lost if removed and also not salvaged/saved. Those clips you found look similar yes. Use two on the two screw areas to avoid cable twisting. Will try and get a pict of the spring.

Those pieces are probably easily lost if removed and also not salvaged/saved. Those clips you found look similar yes. Use two on the two screw areas to avoid cable twisting. Will try and get a pict of the spring.
Thank you

Have not had a chance to get out to my garage but do have access to the 1966 Charger tech bulletin. Page referring to the subject:View attachment 1581486
What do you think the pull weight it. I bought a spring at Lowes to Rey it out it was a 1 lb spring and I dont think it has enough weight. Im thinking a 2 or 3 lb spring. I seem to remember the car I had as a Kid had a spring that was hard to disengage.

What do you think the pull weight it. I bought a spring at Lowes to Rey it out it was a 1 lb spring and I dont think it has enough weight. Im thinking a 2 or 3 lb spring. I seem to remember the car I had as a Kid had a spring that was hard to disengage.
Good question. I would guess a couple of pounds.

I’m going to ACE hardware tomorrow and root through their parts bin. I’ll find something thatll work.

Auto Transport Service
Back