• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood latch remote pull

Encswsm

Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
Good evening everyone.
My 66 came to me with the inside hood release missing. I bought one off eBay but the question is does anyone make the hold down clamps for routing it under the hood. Mine are missing and there’s only holes there.
Thanks

66's didn't have inside releases did they?

Yes 1966 Charger standard equipment. T handle on dash to left of column.
1967 Charger didn't have it.

Yes 1966 Charger standard equipment. T handle on dash to left of column.
1967 Charger didn't have it.
Thanks, I learn something new every day here.

Nitpicking but I think the handle was on the right of the steering column. Some may have migrated to the left over the years.

What did 67 have? My 66 is down on my left by kickpanel

Well the 66 I had back in 1978 had the pull handle on the right side of the steering column on the dash. This one’s going to have it there too. I need the metal hold down brackets that fix the cable to where it goes under the hood. It passes through a grommet next to the master cylinder. And passes along the drivers side fender. Through the radiator support and over to the pull on the left side of the manual hood release. I need the tabs that hold the cable down.

The handle is on the passenger side. Which most call the right side of the car.

Well the 66 I had back in 1978 had the pull handle on the right side of the steering column on the dash. This one’s going to have it there too. I need the metal hold down brackets that fix the cable to where it goes under the hood. It passes through a grommet next to the master cylinder. And passes along the drivers side fender. Through the radiator support and over to the pull on the left side of the manual hood release. I need the tabs that hold the cable down.
If you want correct, get some original ones

Dash on a 66. Optional flasher would have been 4th next to the column on the left.

1703428054110.jpeg

@440 4 speed I believe you supplied the dash for T Fulmes , it had the flasher hole and associated wiring.

You might possibly be able to use the clips that hold the w/s washer hose down on a lot of Mopars through the years.

Do you know what they look like? If not, I have a set I am going to use that I could take pictures of for your reference/fabrication.

Auto Transport Service
Back