• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hoovie buys a Superbird

Steve will take a dime from anywhere these days it seems since he's not on the BJ stage with his buddy Galen. You should see his sales job on a cobbled from a /6 to a now "original" 340 Duster that's in a used car sales showroom...check out the VIN tag.... that he so proudly points out..

Sort of what I was trying to say - he's got the background and knowledge, but he seems too eager
to sell his services to whomever for whatever.

EDIT: Reckon that makes him a man-ho? :)

Magnante said the tag would be bent up. I thought that was on St. Louis built cars. My Lynch Rd. Cars and my Hamtamck ‘Cuda aren’t bent up. My St. Louis Charger is.

Steve will take a dime from anywhere these days it seems since he's not on the BJ stage with his buddy Galen. You should see his sales job on a cobbled from a /6 to a now "original" 340 Duster that's in a used car sales showroom...check out the VIN tag.... that he so proudly points out..

im sorta confused,i watched the vid and H is the code for a 340 car isnt it??
are you saying its a retagged slant six body originally?

im sorta confused,i watched the vid and H is the code for a 340 car isnt it??
are you saying its a retagged slant six body originally?

Watch the video again.. an H code car has a Rallye dash for one.. look at the VIN tag rivets ( two dabs of Black paint might have helped!), look at the hacked job 1/2 quarter replacement in the trunk.. etc... etc.. he's just out right lying for his commission to advertise the car. Almost wonder if it's the used car lot Govier works at....

Watch the video again.. an H code car has a Rallye dash for one.. look at the VIN tag rivets ( two dabs of Black paint might have helped!), look at the hacked job 1/2 quarter replacement in the trunk.. etc... etc.. he's just out right lying for his commission to advertise the car. Almost wonder if it's the used car lot Govier works at....
thats why i asked and Tyvm for the reply.
ive been on a double blind since before christmas,so its a bit tough making things out atm.
i looked right at the dash and didnt even catch it either.
i did see the rivets and wondered.
it does make me wonder tho,i had a 72> 1 owner 340 duster and it had the standard dash?
blue,with black bench seat interior...??

im still stunned at steve saying that all that matters is the vin tag.
the whole rest of the car can be faked....not original,not restored,just faked.
that blew me away,esp for a so called mopar " expert"
sad part is,till that moment,i thought he was a straightup guy.

Good to see folks talking about this car.
In reality what ‘is it’ actually?

A clone or a rebody?

All in all a wonderful car,,, if the problems were sorted out by a pro Moparman or Lady!

Vintags only matter when you come to sell...
If you buy a DuD then it’s best to keep it quiet (in my world)...

Hoovie mentions in the video that these cars are known for overheating in idling/stop and go traffic conditions.
I have also read that before.

Obviously his car isn't stock but if it was:
Is it really normal for them to overheat at idle/stop and go traffic? (426 and 440 both interesting)

I almost can't believe chrysler would put out a street car with such problems.

@dadsbee should know. :)

Holeeee Crap! The closer I looked, the worse that car is. Aside from what you wrote here.......RR side marker has no light or wire to it, the trunk lock has a super long twist rod, the front seat upholstery doesn't match the rear, the shift knob looks like crap, the dash inlays were sprayed some BS silver color, the radiator yoke isn't painted black....What else?

lmao......... dude's a complete fraud, he outed himself :jackoff:
Yeah, I’ve started to wonder a bit about him after seeing a few of his videos. He speaks with confidence on most matters and has been dead wrong on some. Seeing him shill for that green Duster is a shame. He talks like it is a legit car but one look at the VIN tag rivets should have told him that the car is bullshit. He should have walked away from that job based on integrity alone. He ruined his credibility there.

Build tag rivets not equate to fraud, folks. There are lot of C and A-body cars with rivets versus screws. And a few B's, as well.

VIN rivets are another story, of course.

Hoovie mentions in the video that these cars are known for overheating in idling/stop and go traffic conditions.
I have also read that before.

Obviously his car isn't stock but if it was:
Is it really normal for them to overheat at idle/stop and go traffic? (426 and 440 both interesting)

I almost can't believe chrysler would put out a street car with such problems.

@dadsbee should know. :)
Stop listening to this punks nonsense. None of my cars overheat sitting idling. The Bird actually has a temperature rise cruising on the highway, as the nose shape diverts air around it vs in the intake screen to the radiator. Why I run mine with the "belly" pan off of the nose in front of the radiator so it can get some air.

As for Chrysler not putting a street car out with such problems, remember that the "street car" wasn't the intent of trying to flog 2000 of these vehicles to the public.

Stop listening to this punks nonsense. None of my cars overheat sitting idling. The Bird actually has a temperature rise cruising on the highway, as the nose shape diverts air around it vs in the intake screen to the radiator. Why I run mine with the "belly" pan off of the nose in front of the radiator so it can get some air.

As for Chrysler not putting a street car out with such problems, remember that the "street car" wasn't the intent of trying to flog 2000 of these vehicles to the public.
you run yours with no belly pan,does that affect the front end lift?

absolutely true.
if they hadnt pulled the plug on the Hemi in nascar,we would probably all be driving george jetson mobiles with tiny hemis Now,with wings ~
instead of these cars that all look the same and get plugged in next to your toaster.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Awwww! He still thinks it’s real.

At least he didn’t pay $990k!

His story sounds 100% legit. By the time they “repaired” the backend into a 70, they really only rebodied the middle bit
Travis..

Auto Transport Service
Back