• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot

440 4 speed

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
Lytton British Columbia, set an all time record temperature of 128F. Higher than Las Vegas has ever been. Previous high was Midale and Yellow Grass in Saskatchewan 114F in 1937.

Lytton British Columbia, set an all time record temperature of 128F. Higher than Las Vegas has ever been. Previous high was Midale and Yellow Grass in Saskatchewan 114F in 1937.
Holy
Moly
Mastacholi!!!

that’s hot !! Plus the humidity too… whewwwww…

hope you’re all doing well!!

406F0F13-93C5-41D0-B8A9-9BFDD108E55C.jpeg

128* is Death Valley heat, 134* highest temp there ever.

100f here. We havent had warmth like this for along time.

98 with a 106 humidity index in Pa.
Not supposed to be as bad at Carlisle. Only a 100 index.

I was in PA many years ago, king of Prussia, greater guitar show. That 98 with 106 hum. Was about right back in the mid 90s . Never experienced anything like that before. Walking on the asphalt was like walking on sponges. Or memory foam.

I remember being at Chryslers at Carlisle one year, and a vendor's antique dealership thermometer was reading 115*. He also had a bunch of early plastic promo model cars for sale. The roofs had all softened and sagged. And this was under a shade canopy. I burned my hand at another vendor picking up a piece of chrome to look at it. My buddy and I were pretty well suffering from heat exhaustion, so at 2 p.m., we called it a day, and went back to our motel for cold beers.

Went to USPO grabbed a black hand rail, could hold for long.

Anyone remember 2012 Carlisle? Well over 100 plus the humidity. I don't know how the vendors did it. I think that was the year Petty was there IIRC.

And that heat will be moving east. Minnesota is projected near 100 on the 4th. We just had the 2nd hottest June on record. Only 1933 dust bowl years worse. Usually its the bitter cold that comes from Canada. Now the heat?

I wonder what's different with the way they
measure temperature today VS when the old record was set

accuracy of the device probably (?)
or different location (?)

especially direct sunlight or any reflective surfaces

where it's measured makes a huge difference
in many areas, the temp. reading is at local airports
where there are a lot of hot tarmac, concrete & other reflective surfaces
or downtown areas (also lots of tarmac, concrete & reflective surfaces)

been about normal here for the past month
a couple of days over a 100*f, lows at night of mid-hi 65* to 69*s
mostly highs in the mid-hi 90*s
with low humidity like 30% + or - 5%
the low humidity keeps how hot it feels, down

the front outside of my house, is 10*+ hotter than the back
front is southeastern exposure

Auto Transport Service
Back