• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a nice cold Pabst Blue Ribbon...

THANK YOU 'pops'-- you always come thru!

tumblr_oj1ze7wZag1vv5rrbo1_1280.jpg

I visited Milwaukee a few years back and stayed in a Hotel that was converted from the old Pabst brewery. Very cool, still had the copper stills and everything. The city did anot excellent job of turning something no longer in use into something useful and saving an important piece of history in the process.
PBR me ASAP!!
Still tastes like ****. Lol I will stick with my Busch light.

Bush light???

No wonder you think real full flavor beer tastes bad. You're not used to it.

In my experience, those that criticize the heritage beers are the ones drinking Lites, Lights, Ultras, 55s and other diluted "beers".

Just read this morning where some dude4 is suing Olympia Brewing Company over Pabst taste?? He says their claim to fame is "It's the Water" . This is misleading since PBR is brewed in So Cal, not Washington, where the water would be ....different as in NOT from an artesian well.
Yellow fizzy water is yellow fizzy water no matter where it comes from!

PBR is brewed in So Cal?
Did not know that.
Will no longer be drinking it. Lol

Pabst was already not brewed by an American company. Miller was brewing it. Same goes for Old Style. Miller and Bud Were bought out by foreign interests quite a bit ago. Old Style went out of business around the early 2000s.
I used to live about a block from the brewery in Lacrosse.
The employees bought out the assets and started City Brewing. Not sure it’s still going.
BTW, Pabst is garbage.

One of my sons (JR.) drinks PBR......yuk.....he thinks my palate has problems...

:drinks:

Old Style went out of business around the early 2000s.
I used to live about a block from the brewery in Lacrosse.
I call B.S, it's still being brewed isn't it? Been so long since I've been in the Mid-west.

web says old style is owned by PBR and appears to still be in production.

web says old style is owned by PBR and appears to still be in production.
It is, and although PBR owns it, they licensed it out to the City Brewing Company in La Crosse, who handle the actual making of it. City Brewing is the original Hellman's brewery that started Old Style in the first place.

Just about any Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada
most micro brews & dark beers, almost anything is a better beer

Not into Oly, Coors or Bud

did drink my share of MGD or "Highlife" when young

IMO that PBR is piss colored swill

much like the
Old English 800
Schlitz Malt Liquor
& Mickeys Big Mouth were the rage at one time
cheap drunk/buzz, drink anything when your young

You guys hafta realize that even warm PBR tasted pretty good when available in SE Asia, a long time ago.

You guys hafta realize that even warm PBR tasted pretty good when available in SE Asia, a long time ago.
Yeah in "that situation"
it's a whole different meaning what brand it is...

Auto Transport Service
Back