• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How common were AM/FM radios?

I bought my first car at age 12, and was not near old enough to drive yet. By the time I was 16, I had already bought and sold nearly a hundred vehicles, with nearly 90% as runners. Not one had a factory AM/FM, other than a '68 Buick Electra 225. I had the underdash FM converters for FM, or an underdash Pioneer SuperTuner FM/cassette that I loved and wished I still had.

I bought my first car at age 12, and was not near old enough to drive yet. By the time I was 16, I had already bought and sold nearly a hundred vehicles, with nearly 90% as runners. Not one had a factory AM/FM, other than a '68 Buick Electra 225. I had the underdash FM converters for FM, or an underdash Pioneer SuperTuner FM/cassette that I loved and wished I still had.
That’s been about my experience, just based on a smaller set of cars. Not many out there. Tested mine the other day and it works great. Also figured out that the different models dodge, chrysler, imperial (other than for the 880) are the same except for the knobs.

Auto Transport Service
Back