• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I tell my friend that I don’t want him working with me on my car anymore?

I know it's after the fact, but my father told me to never borrow, and never lend.
Maybe try stop working when he comes over, and tell him you can't focus on the car when people are around.

I know it's after the fact, but my father told me to never borrow, and never lend.
Maybe try stop working when he comes over, and tell him you can't focus on the car when people are around.
I discovered that lending tools to other people is a problem.....they either come back dirty or damaged.......if at all.

Borrowing tools is something I don't like to do. I am always worried about damaging them. I prefer to just go and buy what I need.

He caved and is now having beers with the guy when he comes over instead of working on his car. I’ve been known to do this when company arrives…

I discovered that lending tools to other people is a problem.....they either come back dirty or damaged.......if at all.

Borrowing tools is something I don't like to do. I am always worried about damaging them. I prefer to just go and buy what I need.
Tools is one of my pet peeves. I've been known to not be tight with money. And I don't even have a "Look but don't touch" about my vehicles. But tools? I do get crabby about. I spent time and money acquiring over years. My kids are well aware of this dad's "Bad Button."

Well, where's the OP!? Someone else mentioned that a bit back but I didn't read every single post either....but....years ago when I had a 'booth' at a swap meet some guy came to hang around which was fine at first but he got to be a pita after about 2 hours. Finally told him that I was there trying to sell my stuff and he wasn't helping so...."can you please move on" and he was all butt hurt but he moved on without saying he was butt hurt. This was after me trying to give him the hint to move on but wasn't picking up on it. As far as a neighbor goes....don't think I would have let the guy across the street help me buy anything!

I had a neighbor like that..Cliff.....that guy new EVERYTHING so he thought. I open my garage door...he would be there...have a fire out back ...he would show up....working on the house.. yup there he was full of direction. He could not take a direct hint...hey go home I don't need help! 1 day after I split wood for 8 hours straight, soon as I Crack a beer...yup. when I went to bed that night he started my fire back up and put an insane amount t of wood on it and went home. I walked over to his house beer in hand and when he said...it's funny, I threw my beer at his head, he ducked hit his wall and woke up his house. That was the end of Cliff.

I had a neighbor like that..Cliff.....that guy new EVERYTHING so he thought. I open my garage door...he would be there...have a fire out back ...he would show up....working on the house.. yup there he was full of direction. He could not take a direct hint...hey go home I don't need help! 1 day after I split wood for 8 hours straight, soon as I Crack a beer...yup. when I went to bed that night he started my fire back up and put an insane amount t of wood on it and went home. I walked over to his house beer in hand and when he said...it's funny, I threw my beer at his head, he ducked hit his wall and woke up his house. That was the end of Cliff.
Oh geez!! I'm glad I live where I do because he would never make it into my back yard without getting noticed and getting hurt doing something like that!! Don't axe how I'd know anyone was in the back :D

Can't help but notice the OP has not returned to reply to anyone....
Suspicious mind wonders if the original post was just an attempt at advertising the "friends'"
gambling website?

That's the first thing I thought when I read the post yesterday. I actually wrote a response saying this looks like the biggest crock of **** - as if you'd list your friend's website in the question, new member, no info or pics of 68 Charger etc but then I deleted it before I hit send because I'm trying to be nice and I thought he may be Australian.
But it looks super dodgy to me, purely made up.

Why would he send a link to where the *** hat neighbor works?, lol. New age marketing, i give him credit for trying. I wonder what odds they're giving that this thread is for real?

That's the first thing I thought when I read the post yesterday. I actually wrote a response saying this looks like the biggest crock of **** - as if you'd list your friend's website in the question, new member, no info or pics of 68 Charger etc but then I deleted it before I hit send because I'm trying to be nice and I thought he may be Australian.
But it looks super dodgy to me, purely made up.
I'm just wondering if @Dennis H can understand what you wrote ....you know, being Australian. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cute sayings when we were youngsters:

Act like a tree and leave

Pretend you‘re a drum and beat it

Don’t go away mad; just go away

Show him this thread!! He can pick the one that he likes.

As posted before. My problem is my friend and alcohol. Don't get me wrong. I love my beer. But I don't have to drink everyday. Can go weeks if so required. But he can't. And he truly believes that he is a totally functional drunk. But of course that isn't true. I have explained that muscle cars and drag racing is not a drinking sport. Someone will get hurt eventually.

It's hard to deny free wrench hands. And he's not a complete tool when it comes to mechanics. It's just too many errors and shortcuts when drunk. So no more.

He is now having health issues due to his lifestyle. So problem is self correcting. Just not the way anyone would hope.

Cute sayings when we were youngsters:

Act like a tree and leave

Pretend you‘re a drum and beat it

Don’t go away mad; just go away
Make like shepherd and get the flock outta here, mate.

Auto Transport Service
Back