• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do i tell wrong pitman arm vs idler arm

dodge68charger

Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys i went to install my center steering link on my 69 superbee and the idler arm is an inch lower than the pitman arm. I had to put a new pitman arm my steering box cus the car never came with one. I bought the idler arm from moog. How would i tell if its the idler arm thats too long or the pitman arms too short. I dont have part numbers. Thanks

Hey guys i went to install my center steering link on my 69 superbee and the idler arm is an inch lower than the pitman arm. I had to put a new pitman arm my steering box cus the car never came with one. I bought the idler arm from moog. How would i tell if its the idler arm thats too long or the pitman arms too short. I dont have part numbers. Thanks

I'm having the opposite problem.. maybe we should swap parts! :icon_biggrin:

All kidding aside, you will probably have to measure the parts or take a pic so someone can help.

Thank you. I will try and get pics this week. Thanks. Hoping someone would have a part number for an idler arm for a 69 coronet

1968 - 1974 "B" & "E" Body Idler Arm ---- is a K7041 MOOG.....
1965 - 1970 "B" Body PITMAN ARM --- is a K780 MOOG --- but that is VERY< VERY OBSOLETE through MOOG.....
I have both items it stock -- NEW -- all the time.....

You can call me -- Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935.... New York......

Auto Transport Service
Back