• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do the ends of a window regulator get replaced?

b_body_hopeful

Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
I have a manual window regulator form a 72 RR. The square ends and roller needs to be replaced as seen by the pictures.
How do they come off and where can I purchase replacements?
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Thanks in advance.

Those actually don't look that bad. I would clean up and continue to use.

Thanks, what about the one that is missing a slide? Do you drill tis one out and hammer a new one in?

I think that would be the only option there as I believe they were pressed in place.

Use topco overhead door spray on all the moving parts for some reason it lasts forever and doesn't attract dust

Use topco overhead door spray on all the moving parts for some reason it lasts forever and doesn't attract dust

Well I finally took apart my window glass and regulator and these are the pics and what I found. Notice, on the 73 RR regulators I have rollers not slides. Where do I find these?
vbpgimage.php
vbpgimage.php

Also, where do I find new hardware to install the slide hardware to the glass itself. I have never seen these parts anywhere and have been looking for a while now. R/T specs might have the rollers, I will know Monday. I sent him the same pics and he is going to look and see if he can find something. If not, I will have to McGyver something. Thanks for looking.

vbpgimage.php
vbpgimage.php

Hey Dennis, check with a local windshield install company for the plastic parts to hold the mechanism to the glass. Believe it or not, I went to the local Safelite here, and the guy just gave me what they had left in stock because they never use them anymore.

One other thing, looks like your stops are rusty on the back side. You can re-use them just soak in de-rusting solution, clean and paint. You can get a new rubber gasket at a local hardware store, Ace is where I went for those, should be able to find a standard size that fits those.

71-2 used sliders
73-4 rollers
both will interchange with each other.
report back if you have any luck fixing those rollers
i have some pw regulators that need them bad.
if you get it all apart without destroying it
you can put all the hardware in a tumbler/evaporust
and bring it back to life.
i tumbled mine then coated it all in rpm.

002_zps1c698f68.jpg

reworked 71-72 door window regulators to be 73-74 RR ones!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-71-GT...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35d331c2bf&vxp=mtr

Thanks, Yes I used part of this kit. The other part I needed was the round sliders and I found them at
RosevilleMoparts.com They were the Window Roller Regulator slide Round (723570).
Here is what I did to remove and install the slides:
IMG_0190.jpg
Here is the 71-72 square slide
IMG_0191.jpg
I took a grinder
IMG_0202.jpg
Ground off the end sticking out
IMG_0193.jpg
found the stud
IMG_0195.jpg
With a hammer, punched it out
IMG_0197.jpg
Put the new round slide in
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg
Hammered the stud until round slide was tight and stud was almost flat
IMG_0201.jpg
End product.
IMG_0200.jpg
At this point I did all 6 rollers and squares...changed them to the round rollers and
then installed them into the doors.

Last edited:
Nice work man, now I know who to call if I ever need mine done! LOL

Just stumbled across this thread and need to do the side windows in my 72 roadrunner got the same exact kit as you b_body_hopeful where did you find info on removal and replacement and adjustment of the regulators and windows?

71-2 used sliders
73-4 rollers
both will interchange with each other.
report back if you have any luck fixing those rollers
i have some pw regulators that need them bad.
if you get it all apart without destroying it
you can put all the hardware in a tumbler/evaporust
and bring it back to life.
i tumbled mine then coated it all in rpm.

002_zps1c698f68.jpg
I keep seeing this...what is RPM? I can't find anything online really.

I'm currently in the process of de-rusting a ton of parts, all of which are being repainted, but some need to be 'natural' like what you show.

Thanks!

I keep seeing this...what is RPM? I can't find anything online really.

I'm currently in the process of de-rusting a ton of parts, all of which are being repainted, but some need to be 'natural' like what you show.

Thanks!

"RPM" is a product from ECS. ECS is in St. Charles, MO. Its a "Rust preventative magic" . You heat it up, apply the product, wipe off the excess. Its like a wax. AWESOME stuff

where did you find info on removal and replacement and adjustment of the regulators and windows?

the service manual will have all the adjustments with a exploded view

Auto Transport Service
Back