• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you eat your chili?

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
Do you eat crackers or bread with your chili?
Wife and I had chili for the first time this fall. I have always have eaten my chili with peanut butter sandwiches or with crackers that I put peanut butter on one at a time. Wife says I am odd but I am perfectly happy being odd.
If I eat chili at a bar I like mustard and horseradis.
I like my chicken noodle soup with a cheese sandwich.
I like to watch and see the different way people eat popular foods. There is a small bar that I eat lunch at sometimes and they serve ranch with pizza.

With mama's homemade cornbread and plenty of hot sauce!

I eat it with a buttered hard roll, sometimes mixed with horseradish and sour cream. I don't like it spicy hot though, and the wife makes a killer chili. Although if she had her way I would need a bowl of ice water to stick my face in after I put the fire out on my lips. She often makes 2 batches, one mild and the other pure hell.

I eat it with a buttered hard roll, sometimes mixed with horseradish and sour cream. I don't like it spicy hot though, and the wife makes a killer chili. Although if she had her way I would need a bowl of ice water to stick my face in after I put the fire out on my lips. She often makes 2 batches, one mild and the other pure hell.
Butter to keep the hot stuff under control. My wife never ate/made hot anything but that's change, red pepper flakes.

I'm a pasta addict - noodles - chili over - noodles..

Do you eat crackers or bread with your chili?
Wife and I had chili for the first time this fall. I have always have eaten my chili with peanut butter sandwiches or with crackers that I put peanut butter on one at a time. Wife says I am odd but I am perfectly happy being odd.
If I eat chili at a bar I like mustard and horseradis.
I like my chicken noodle soup with a cheese sandwich.
I like to watch and see the different way people eat popular foods. There is a small bar that I eat lunch at sometimes and they serve ranch with pizza.
Chili with crackers in the bowl. I like the oyster crackers best. Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Chicken noodle with crackers as well. Just sip the broth if I am nursing a cold. Ham and bean with cornbread.

ham and bean2.jpg

I make chicken chili that is delicious. Hey, where's the cornbread!

chicken chili.jpg

We often make jalapeño cornbread to go with a fresh batch of chili. If not, oyster crackers or saltines. I like it spicy so I cook some whole jalapeños in the chili and then dice one up in my bowl for little extra zip. Grate some cheddar cheese on it too. Yum.

Hasn't cooled off enough here yet for chili, but I am starting to crave some.

there is an age old question that never seems to get answered........ does chili have beans?

I would like mine with a sausage sandwich, but I'm thinking that ship has sailed :poke:

Texas chili (no beans!) and homemade corn tortillas. Otherwise, homemade flour tortillas.

No crackers.

there is an age old question that never seems to get answered........ does chili have beans?
Let's not go there. :rofl: Original chili con carne does not. I like beans. In fact I usually make mine with 3 or 4 different kinds.

Pineapple on pizza, ketchup on hot dogs, and beans in chili. Heresy!

New England clam chowder or Manhattan is best?

New England of course.

Auto Transport Service
Back