• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you eat your chili?

You all missed the 1 way most everyone eats chili. With a spoon! But a cinnamon roll goes very well with a bowl of chili also.

Chili and toast - it can be toasted bread or ideally, a toasted roll. And I like it so it makes me sweat !

there is an age old question that never seems to get answered........ does chili have beans?
I have hundreds of chili recipes spread over several chili only cookbooks. That question is like asking if cookies have walnuts in them. :)

New England Clam CHowder please. Yes, pineapple on pizza is delish. (with canadian bacon. No Ham!))
I usually order a Hawaiian pizza but specify extra pineapple!

As for chili, I often ladle it over a plate or bowl of rice.

Pineapple on pizza, ketchup on hot dogs,
Hey, I resemble that remark. :lol:

We often make a chili like substance for dinner....basically similar to a Bolognese meat with Mexican heat chili beans added and on top of rice.

It's a family favourite...along with spag-bol and home-made pizza. :thumbsup:

1696716588069.png

Allow me to slip off the rail thinking of Bolognese (posted above) or baloney with a question. Was in Tulsa years ago (well couple decades now) and the office had some food catered in for lunch and seem to recollect it was BBQ baloney? Big chunks of it cut every which way. Man that was good; a local favorite, like bratwurst is around my parts? I’d like to find the stuff. Any OK-kee’s know of it?

Funny this came up... Tonight for dinner we're having ChiliBurgers... We do it every couple months... Killer Meal....

Allow me to slip off the rail thinking of Bolognese (posted above) or baloney with a question. Was in Tulsa years ago (well couple decades now) and the office had some food catered in for lunch and seem to recollect it was BBQ baloney? Big chunks of it cut every which way. Man that was good; a local favorite, like bratwurst is around my parts? I’d like to find the stuff. Any OK-kee’s know of it?
Fried sausage meat is a nice side with a cooked breakfast...scrambled egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomato.......

Regardless of how it's prepared or topped; ALWAYS with Cold Beer on the side! :drinks:

Hey, I resemble that remark. :lol:

We often make a chili like substance for dinner....basically similar to a Bolognese meat with Mexican heat chili beans added and on top of rice.

It's a family favourite...along with spag-bol and home-made pizza. :thumbsup:
1696722334965.png

Not entirely sure what there is to be disagreeing with here.....

A slight segway here .....
Segway gif.gif

A few years ago now, a guy I used to work for entered a Chilli eating contest way up north. He won and was interviewed on TV. This guy must have had a cast-iron stomach, 'cause he was slamming them down. I learned recently that he died in a nasty car smash.

Chili over spaghetti.
Yep. I love the Carroll Shelby chili mix for this, as it's both simple and darn good. Wife enjoys it too.

Chili with crackers in the bowl.

View attachment 1536148
Also yep. This is a different sort of chili, one I'll cook with onions, hamburger and beans in, topped with melted cheddar.
We don't have this very often - wife hates beans and oinions.
Yeah, I know....

there is an age old question that never seems to get answered........ does chili have beans?
Chili for hot dogs - no (I have my own recipe for this type of chili, which is from an old former local drive-in that
people still talk about 20+ years later with their chili dogs; the deceased owners' wife gave me the recipe).
Fantastic, best I've ever had - and like my dad, I'm a chili dog nut!

Chili as a stand-alone meal is different and darn straight it has beans....

I like Pinto beans, ham hock with corn bread. I was practically raised on it. But I do make corn bread and use chili with beans for a substitute.

You guys are making me hungry :p
Yep, "soup beans" (cooked slowly all day in a big pot) are mandatory with a big chunk of cornbread and has ham hock
in it for flavor. I was raised on it as well.
However, as I said before I don't get the opportunity much since my wife hates beans....
Typically these days on the odd chance I get to have it, I'm at a restaurant around here.

Summary:
1. Hot dog chili - secret recipe, I make in a crock pot myself. Perfect.
2. "Chili Mac" - using Carroll Shelby Mix. Fantastic.
3. Chili as a stand-alone meal - WITH beans, onions, topped with cheddar.
4. "Soup beans". All-day simmered in a big pot with ham hock + onion. Served with proper cornbread.

Auto Transport Service
Back