• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how do you ID a TRW PS pump for ordering a seal kit ?

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
I have a TRW power steering pump on my coronet that this summer started a slow leak. pump works fine but I need to find the correct seals and O ring set for it,
I have searched NPD , Rock auto ect and all seem to offer several kits for 62 and up TRW pumps.
Do I need to remove the pulley and get to the casting numbers ? or will that even date it ?
I do know it is the plain shaft, {no hole in the end} 5" pulley , return nip exits the top of the can, the shaft appears to be 3/4" or .73 on my old mic. measuring the inside edges of the pulley hole not sure what year engine the pump is off of. Thanks for any help.

Best if you have a service manual, to look it up. There are two, or three different 'sizes' on those pumps, including for SB, or BB.
Plain end on the output shaft, pretty sure that's the smaller one.

Hey guys my 67 service manual only shows 3 Saginaw pumps available for 67 , mine is a TRW, my old 383 date codes to 1965 if anyone has a 65 or 66 service manual could you check the TRW pump sizes and how to ID them, I can then match up to my pump shaft ect. and be able to order the correct seal kit.
Thanks.

Per 68 fsm- .96 pump has plain end on shaft; 1.2 pump has a hex hole; .94 pump has a keyway&nut on end of shaft.(.94 pump usually only on 273&318's. Hope this helps.

Auto Transport Service
Back