• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you restore the color of the shifter knob?

The way this thread has gone, it's making me re-think that old phrase "getting rubbed up the wrong way." :D

The easy answer is to just get one already done. Although this one looks like its a wrap that is heat shrunk onto it.. I see seams... Not sure Id buy this crap.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3726553723...TuC0MTo0Cs8yDCeO-eHP2CDuAapqFUycaArOMEALw_wcB

View attachment 1211795

This is 66 to 68
View attachment 1211796

No comparison. Who came up with that butt ugly fake knob? The chrome will go with anything, like a fine piece of silver jewelry, not something that looks like a squirrel left it behind. Or something an Ent picked off of his bark (side?) covered butt!

Last edited:
The way this thread has gone, it's making me re-think that old phrase "getting rubbed up the wrong way." :D

Can we find a way to make it political? Like compare that knob of wood to a politician's brain?

Years ago they recommended dragging a hacksaw blade sideways across it to make the scratches and then add black paint and wipe it off.

You're not talking about enhancements, pumps or weights, are you?
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back