• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how many 72 charger se broughams where made

alberto r

Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
I been trying to find out how many 72 chargers se broughams where made. I haven't seen one with the pentastar emblem on the right fender. I heard it was discontinued in 71, but St Louis released 6 or 7 of them that had the pentastar

Pentastar emblem was discontinued after '72, it's not uncommon to see them still on cars for that year.

Wonder what makes it a "Brougham" and if that's trackable.

Mine has the "Brougham" interior that looks just like the 73-74 SE interior with the Brougham badges on the door panels.

welcome to FBBO

maybe
post that question on a different section
like the year specific or the general discussion forums
you'll probably get far more responses

this is the welcome wagon,
it's for intros, some background/history maybe & photos etc.
it also does not have as many viewers...

good luck

Pentastar emblem was discontinued after '72, it's not uncommon to see them still on cars for that year.

Pentastar emblem was discontinued after 71, it is uncommon to see them in 1972. Early car with SPD's in August maybe Sept. may have still gotten it.

I dont know...
but I had one...
1982, Dayton Ohio.
Brown with blk vinly top...automatic.
1 sweet ride.
Paid a whopping $400 for it.

Pentastar emblem was discontinued after 71, it is uncommon to see them in 1972. Early car with SPD's in August maybe Sept. may have still gotten it.

I think it would be more correct to say that the emblem was discontinued before the '73 model year. The reason the early cars had them is because it was still the practice at the beginning of the run. The update to the 1972 Dodge Data book mentions this among the changes.

If I was to restore on of those models and it had the original fender with holes drilled for the pentastar, I'd include it. Otherwise, not.

I just did an image search of '72 models, and about 1/3 of them showed the emblem. Not a scientific test to be sure, but I didn't get any at all during a '73 search.

Auto Transport Service
Back