• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many headliner bows should I have 73 RR?

UKPlymouth

Local time
2:14 PM
Reaction score
My car came without headliner or bows. I intend to order a set but don't know how many bows I should have.
Also, with a Bright Blue interior should my headliner be blue or cream or other?
Thanks for any info.

Hi I think you could go with either blue or the off white headliner, my 74 sebring came with a lagoon blue interior 4 bows and the remains of a medium blue headliner, I would think regarding the amount of bows it would be the same (correct me if I am wrong guys)
I personally would go with the best match for your interior plastics but that's just me ,have you looked at classic industries website for colour matches they have a good few options. hope this helps.

Should be four bows and a blue headliner unless the original owner ordered something different.

Thanks, just before I order am I right in. Thinking the bows connect into a set of triangular holes in the roof? If so, I definitely have the facility for more than 4 bows.
However, if I order 6 bows and a 4 bow headliner I presume I can still fit it by discarding the un required extra bows.
Just need to be sure before I have these parts shipped back to the UK at some expense.

- - - Updated - - -

Pi image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I think I have my answer. All 73 cars are 4 bows but have the facility for 6!

yeap, facility is because they began getting 6 bows by 71/72 ( Chargers just 71s )... since roof frame remain the same all along the years, they kept the same 6 bows setup on body, BUT just used 4 of them

Don't forget, you will also need the two retaining wires that hold the rear bow in place.
DSC03929small.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm getting my parts from Dante and he implied that the bows don't need retainers. Are those retainer wires something I could fabricate if needs be?

my 74 has a 4 bow , no side retainers , two rear wire bow retainers , I would suggest you use them for ease of installation. work your way rear bow to front, then side to side. test fit your bows to leave about an 1/8 - 1/4 inch gap between them and the roof for insulation.

Auto Transport Service
Back