• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many months a year does the weather allow you to drive your Mopar and where?

# of months you can drive your Mopar

• less than 3 months a year

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • 3-6 months a year

Votes: 93 28.5%
  • 6-9 months a year

Votes: 101 31.0%
  • more than 9 months a year

Votes: 114 35.0%

• Total voters
Wow, I was going to rule out all of Colorado because I thought it snowed everywhere. Thanks for that tip!

Ya thats what most people think. Colorado is the most mis-understood state. Here in Grand Jct we actually have a dryer climate than Tuson AZ but only an hour drive to 10' of snow. NO SALT.
We do put our BOATS away for the winter.

Buffalo Ny also...sometimes in March...more in April and last year into December....Been doing it for over 40 years with a storage car....easilly 6 months.....up to 9 depending on weather if 1 day counts for the month....I can put on 5k a season as I drive it evrywhere...every chance

Grand Island NY between Buffalo and Niagara Falls ..send it to storage Nov 1st out April 1st ..but driving weather maybe 7 months of driving with the windows down ...... this past year though we had over 90 days of above 80 degrees so a lot of cruising ..... and the winter of 11/12 was fa nominal ... I'm an old boomer and man I hate the winter more every year ..

68SportSat... As you know here in Calif., we get some great car weather, I'm in the Sierra's so it less than you in San Jose, but unless it's pouring rain or snowing {freaken' snow}, it's all good to drive, but it that takes about 2 months away from the driving days available, like you probably well know the weather here in Calif., I too have driven 12 months of the year, in many of my muscle cars thou, like I said, "as long as no freaken' snow or ice on the roads or bad rain fall, then they're driven", my muscle cars live a sheltered life now...LOL...

- - - Updated - - -

Get the hell out of the Bay Area, even if you stay in Calif. somewhere else, if you can do your job or work in a much nicer, much less populated, much less traffic, much less crime ridden, much cleaner quiter area/environment, you will leave allot of the stress behind...

I hear ya! I've been thinking about just that for some time. I've gotta figure out how to work remotely or get into a different industry or job that I can stand. I dig the Sonora area. Maybe I'll become your neighbor! What elevation you at over there? I'm thinking if I stay in California to keep it below 2500-ft.

- - - Updated - - -

i live in vernon bc canada and drive mid april to late october

Hey Dwayne! We've got the same first name and it's spelled the same too. Thanks for your reply.

- - - Updated - - -

My folks grew up in Cody, Wyoming. Starts snowing there in August sometimes. Once my dad came out to California after being stationed here during the Vietnam war he never looked back. Said he didn't want to shovel snow anymore...beautiful country in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. I've driven through there more than a dozen times. Great fishing and hunting too.

I hear ya! I've been thinking about just that for some time. I've gotta figure out how to work remotely or get into a different industry or job that I can stand. I dig the Sonora area. Maybe I'll become your neighbor! What elevation you at over there? I'm thinking if I stay in California to keep it below 2500-ft.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Dwayne! We've got the same first name and it's spelled the same too. Thanks for your reply.

I'm at about 2300-2400ft maybe 2500ft elevation level, here in Eastern Sonora area, Sonora city limits it's @ 2000 ft elevation, Hey come on up we have a ton of ex-Bay Area people up in these parts, BUT you pretty much need to bring work with you thou, not allot of work up here, unless your in Hotels, Low Paying Retail sales, City/County Govt., Schools, Social Work, Recreation {Skiing Camping Boating}, Agriculture/Farming, Ranching/Livestock or Lumber/Logging industry... To be honest we do get a 2"-3" dusting of snow, usually "normally" only a few times a year here {maybe 6 times}, at my elevation level, about 6 miles east from Sonora, but the last couple years, it's been bad, 8" to a foot, even 18" on a big storm or so of really wet snow, 6" at least a dozen times a year or so, with trees breaken' fallen' & Power outages here & there, you just need a good generator & a case of beer & all is good...LOL...

West Tennessee. Driving all year except January and February. I don't have a heater box installed and it gets cold those months.

When I lived in Saskatchewan you were lucky to get 5 months with no snow

Now I live in Victoria, BC, and it almost never snows here (couple days last year, melted right away) so you can drive all winter (unless you don't like driving in the rain)

12 months for me when I had my 68 Mustang GT. Rain, sun, commute traffic 30+ miles each way, road trips, dirt roads and once towing a Hobie 18' to a buddies place in San Diego. I even had a complete disassembled VW type I engine in the trunk with the floor jack I used to pull it and was able to close the lid. I put 90K miles on that car over 9 yrs after I restored it.

Hat's off to the guy with the snow pics!

Living in Omaha Nebraska we are limited from April to about November.

Bruce

Here in NJ I can drive it year round if I want. But after having fun in a blizzard two years ago I don't really drive it in the snow anymore... Plus I'm afraid of cracking the 6bbl hood. I got an AWD subbi for that...

I grew up in Allentown, Pa. Great place to be from. I'm not going back. The weather sucked most of the year. Hot humid summers, damp cold winters. Salt on the roads followed by potholes through most of the following summer. There were probably 10 days a year there that were as pleasant as most days here in the Bay Area. Fall colors could last as little as one week. Highly over rated.

Unless you land "the job" I would stay. Florida is a good choice for retirement. Nice trade winds even during the summer.

The weather in Pa. hasn't changed lol, but we do have a few months of classic car times. Hibernation getting close though!

I grew up in Allentown, Pa. Great place to be from. I'm not going back. The weather sucked most of the year. Hot humid summers, damp cold winters. Salt on the roads followed by potholes through most of the following summer. There were probably 10 days a year there that were as pleasant as most days here in the Bay Area. Fall colors could last as little as one week. Highly over rated.

Unless you land "the job" I would stay. Florida is a good choice for retirement. Nice trade winds even during the summer.
Forgot to add that the "kids" are there. Not kids anymaire, but they are still there.

well....weather does play a part in the driving of the hot rods...ill get about 5 or 6 months of driving weather....but soon the gas prices will be the deciding factor. the 440 gets 5 MPG, and its only out for an hour and $40.00 in gas is GONE...the 383 aint so bad at 10 MPG.

is my driver, so you can tell

is this a "fill in the blank" post ? ok , i'll play

this rusted 73 satellite is my driver , so you can tell our roads are salted

Attachments

• rust.jpg
    rust.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 180
is this a "fill in the blank" post ? ok , i'll play

this 73 satellite is my driver , so you can tell the rust is from the salted roads

LOL, actually my reply so clear and obvious, didn't think I need to say more... you can tell how much I drive it being a driver :p. Since we don't have snow down here ( except in 5 mountains above 4500 meters height ), no problems with salt. But lot of rain able also to rust out.

Now, nobody was asking which car ( obvious we are talking about a classic B body, that's this forum for, right ? ), so I didn't specify it

but if that's mandatory, an image will be better

24/7 365 days a year here in vegas.might snow once every 5 years or so and never enough to stop you from driving.the middle of summer sits in the 100's for a couple months,but,as long as you are set up for it no prob.
i love being able to get a great steak dinner at 3am if i want.

I have always thought that Utah "Salt Lake area" would be a nice place to live.... I'm usually in the area for a week or two every year, and the low areas seem to always be pretty nice even in the winter...

Auto Transport Service
Back