• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Much 3rd Generation Charger Does 10k Buy?

streetmachine

Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
Considering putting something up for sale but, wanted to ask before I went through the trouble. Anyways, I'm just wondering how much 10-12k buys in 3rd Generation Charger in the current market? I could be wrong but, wondering if it would buy at a least driver quality 73-74 SE with a small block? Figure it wouldn't hurt to ask. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

73-74 cars in a good condition,running and driving should easily fetch 10K. All depends on if the car is rusty, trash interior etc.
A car with a good body and ok interior but poor or not running will fetch good money. Mechanical work is easier to deal with than body work.
My 2 Cents

12k would bring a pretty decent driver IMHO. May need some things but, should look, run and drive pretty decent without issue. All in how good of shape in/out and how long you want'em around for!

Here is a current good example of a 10-12k car. Has a lot of positives if it could be had for 10k.

Why TF can't people see that there are already factory mounting points for hood pins ??

I'm not sure what you are asking, but 10 k should buy a pretty nice small block car. I can think of one around here that could be had for around that.

Here is a current good example of a 10-12k car. Has a lot of positives if it could be had for 10k.

Right on the money!

Yup: Lots to like there. It's a 71 which is great and has the cool side markers, then it's a 383 and a 500 with rallye gauges and the cool taillights. That will be a good score for someone and I also like the look of that floor.

If I already did not have two I would have made an offer. Left fender has some top rot and there is no dog leg pics of that side or lower quarters so I would expect some rot there. But BB 500 71 is a solid buy in.

Last edited:
Looks like a 68-ish C body wheel.

but pre 70 steering wheels doesn't match with post 70 columns due the bigger column diameter to acomodate the ign switch on column

Picked mine up 5 years ago for $12,000. 1974 SE with 360 4 barrel, all original mechanically with 134,000 miles. Repainted at some point. No rust, (some bondo), starts every time, interior is immaculate. I love this car!! Good luck

Charger side view.JPG

Interior.JPG

Nice car! Not getting one that nice for 12k today.

Why TF can't people see that there are already factory mounting points for hood pins ??
Those hood pin locations are lame AF on that '71 on eBay. I never seen something so hideous as far as hood pins are concerned.

Considering putting something up for sale but, wanted to ask before I went through the trouble. Anyways, I'm just wondering how much 10-12k buys in 3rd Generation Charger in the current market? I could be wrong but, wondering if it would buy at a least driver quality 73-74 SE with a small block? Figure it wouldn't hurt to ask. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
This one in my neck of the woods is $14,500.00 running driving some rust needs vinyl top ect.318 auto car

IMG_20220603_081330066_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220603_081535663.jpg

IMG_20220603_081547371.jpg

72 on FABO for $10,000.

Ye gods, that '71 on eBay went (allegedly) for $13k. Not trying to turn this thread into a WIW, but in today's market, $10-12k ain't bringing what it used to.

Auto Transport Service
Back