• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much is too much crank case pressure....

Mmopars

Local time
2:22 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much is too much crank case pressure or the best method to check it. We have had a rear main seal start leaking again after replacing it earlier this summer. Has a new pcv valve, line and other valve cover has a new breather. I'm wanting to actually check ccp.

puffing out the breather would be a good indication, lay a dollar bill over the hole, it should suck

Is it the one piece brown coloured seal? I have had a couple leak, & one in a Pontiac just disintegrated? Bad batch? Not sure.

I had a similar issue with my Coronet 400. After I mildly modified the original 318 it seemed like it was building too much crankcase pressure. Pushing oil out of the breather on long trips. I purchased and ME Wagner dual adjustable pcv valve and it works great. Pricey but worth it.

Oil Leaks and Crankcase Ventilation – A Case Study – M/E Wagner Performance Products
I used the dual flow PCV valve on my Coronet after replacing the rear main seal about 4 times. It has not had any leaks since then.

Auto Transport Service
Back