• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how to figure out how many GPH your fuel pump does?

Damien B.

Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
hi quick question
on my satellite i have a holley fuel pump (electrical) since i will be changing my engine soon the engine builder told me i would need at least 110gph fuel pump but i have no idea the model since it was installed by a previous owner
is there a way to know the GPH of the fuel pump ? i was thinking of unhooking the fuel line and have the pump run for 1 min then multiplie the volume by 60s in a gas cannister but i m not sure it s the proper way to do it

I think a more important question would be is what's the Crab Mfgr. recommendations for max fuel pressure for the carb you have? Then you can go from there! Good Luck

the engine i placed an order will come with 800cfm carburetor i cant really give you info

the holley label is in blue so i supposed it a 110gph but without having to remove the pump is there a way to see the reference. i have no idea how old the pump is

the holley label is in blue so i supposed it a 110gph but without having to remove the pump is there a way to see the reference. i have no idea how old the pump is
I have a old red that's labeled as a 110.....

alright thanks

and the car wont be hitting the 1/4mile track but i plan or going aggressive when ever the speed limit allows it

Look up the part number on the pump. If it’s Holley blue then it’s 110

2D0A9993-D078-49A9-A010-D4EDFB38A7D0.jpeg

Remove pump. Put 5 gallons of gas in a can tilt so you have a low point. Use tube size your using time how long it take to pump can dry. should take 9 mins and 10 to 15 seconds for a 110 gph pump. Check my math.

Remove pump. Put 5 gallons of gas in a can tilt so you have a low point. Use tube size your using time how long it take to pump can dry. should take 9 mins and 10 to 15 seconds for a 110 gph pump. Check my math.

I think your math is wrong. a 110 GPH pump should fill / pump 5 gallons in 163.64 seconds or 2 Minutes and 43.62 seconds.
I sort of do the reverse. See how long it takes to fill a 5-gallon gas can. Put a pressure gauge between pump and ouput hose. Restrict hose to create 5-7 Psi as some pumps deliver less when under pressure.

I'm not sure the 110 gph rating is at 5-7 psi?

110GPH, do you have 700+HP and expect to keep you foot on the floor.
My 10.60 car took every bit of the 110 that I had on it to make a full pass.....but I also had 1500 CFM on it lol

I'm not sure the 110 gph rating is at 5-7 psi?
From what I understand, they are rated without a regulator....

On my old Mallory 250 GPH pump, I don't think it made much if any difference tested with or without a restriction.

I just like to make sure the pump can deliver under pressure, and also check the fuel pump current draw at pressure.
May not make much change at these low pressures, but EFI pump current draw changes alot depending on pump pressure.

Did you click on the links on my post ? It gives you the part #s and the specs on all Holley pumps.

I will check the part number if I manage to free up enough time this week end.
I have to do all the conversion since in France we use liter and not gallons.
Where is the part number supposed to be on the front of the pump or under it?

Thanks for the answers have a good day

I will check the part number if I manage to free up enough time this week end.
I have to do all the conversion since in France we use liter and not gallons.
Where is the part number supposed to be on the front of the pump or under it?

Thanks for the answers have a good day
I have 6 of the older Holley pumps....2 are red and 6 are blue. 1 red pump has a sticker that says 110 gph and 2 of the blue pumps also have that same sticker. 2 pumps have numbers (1 red and 1 blue) on the bottom plate and both are different...and both of those do not show gph on the sticker. ALL of the pumps have a number on the bottom side of the inlet port and all of them are the same number. I'm more cornfused now than before I saw this thread lol!

you see why i was asking
when i saw the blue sticker on the pump i though yeah cool 110gph
i tried unplugging the fuel hose coming out of the pump and seeing how much gaz would flow in a cannister for 1 min but it just didnt send enought gas to make it a 110gph
well i ll just how it goes one i receive my engine and see if i need a new pump

Auto Transport Service
Back