• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How well do 6 Packs fit under pre-'68 hoods?

sam dupont

Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
I've searched, but I don't find much about early B Body conversions and how much room there is. It looks like A and C Bodies fit easily.

.....It looks like A and C Bodies fit easily.
I don't know if I'd say fits A-body "easily". The air cleaner passenger side front is super tight to the hood in my '69 Barracuda. The two speed wiper motor gets "nosey" with the filter element.

1675404573495.png

They didn’t fit under my 68 X with the air cleaner on. And if you only have a two speed wiper motor and don’t want to convert to a 3 speed you‘ll have to create a cutout on the air cleaner base plate to allow it to fit around the 2 speed.

I did that and also got an original fiberglass six pack hood off a bird. It‘s been that way since ‘72. Had I known back then I could have easily purchased a 3 speed wiper - but didn’t know there was a difference.

Sorry - just reread your post and the “pre 68l part. That I couldn’t tell you - but pretty much seems as tho it would be worse.

I'm just guessing about things, I live in the boonies and with a LOT of searching, have found only two non-factory six pack cars within 400 miles.

So far I've been able to measure a '65 C body and '70 Road Runner. I had to drive 400 miles one way to measure the Road Runner. Looking at photos on FBBO, I saw a '68 Dart 6 pack. That's where I came up with the statement of how they fit easily. I guess I shouldn't assume that all A body engine compartments and hood shapes are the similar.

I have a buddy with a 65 Plymouth, he runs a 440 with a Sixpack, he runs the standard air cleaner and a stock hood..

Way back there was a 66 charger 6pk under stock hood around here. No idea if there were mods to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back