• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet. Slant 6 K-member, 440 engine. Mount options?

DualQuad440

Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
This question has surely been asked but I can't find a concrete answer. I've got a 68 Coronet 440 that was originally a slant 6. PO put in a 440 and used motor plates to mount. They work very well but I'd like to eliminate them and install some kind of conversion engine mount. Any help is much appreciated.

This question has surely been asked but I can't find a concrete answer. I've got a 68 Coronet 440 that was originally a slant 6. PO put in a 440 and used motor plates to mount. They work very well but I'd like to eliminate them and install some kind of conversion engine mount. Any help is much appreciated.
Myself I would put a B/RB K-frame in there. They are reasonable and easy to find. I cant say I have seen a 6 to v-8 conversion mount but they may be out there.

Any 66-69 V8 K frame will bolt right in and it will probably be cheaper than any conversion mounts, if you can find them.

Not sure if any one has them anymore...or who made them..guessing schumaker? These are sb..I would guess bb was made..and not sure if either is available.

Screenshot_20240317_220254_Chrome.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back