• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurtling its way to me!

Imperial One

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
I bought this car from Forum Member "Havasu Dave":

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1967-coronet-rt-29500.244037/

Yesterday Dave met the transport and loaded the car for the long trip from Havasu City, AZ to London, ON Canada (2,225 miles according to Mr. Google).

Dave was kind enough to take photos of the car being loaded on the transport. Now I need to impatiently wait the two weeks they said it will take for the car to arrive!

Thanks again Havasu Dave. I really appreciate everything.

1 Arrival.JPG
2 Drop Ramp.JPG
3 Car Driven On.JPG
4 Side view.JPG
5 Front View.JPG
6 Strap Down.JPG
7 Strap Down.JPG
8 Strap Down.JPG
9 Closing Ramp.JPG

Congrats, I know you have looked at a few. Will you be bringing it to the St. Thomas meet on June 19th?

Congrats, I know you have looked at a few. Will you be bringing it to the St. Thomas meet on June 19th?

Regretfully not. On June 19th I am headed to Queen Charlotte Lodge in the Haida Gwai with my brother and my business partner to go fishing for salmon and halibut. It was arranged long before the St.Thomas date was set. If the car arrives on time I will be taking it to the show at Dave Wheeler's garage in Dutton on May 28.

Is the trucking company taking care of the 72 hours border notice and all the paperwork to import??

Is the trucking company taking care of the 72 hours border notice and all the paperwork to import??

I decided to hire a broker to deal with all of that. The trucking company does not deal with the paperwork. In the past I dealt with it myself but with the unpredictability of border closures these days etc I just decided to "pay up". When all the dust settles I will share what all this cost so other Canadians can have an idea what to expect.

I ended up having to have the Charger transported during the start of the Covid border issues. The broker actually only charged around $250.00.

2 weeks for 2200 miles of travel? How much of that time is it going to be stuck in customs to cross the border? I had 2 vehicles moved cross country [2K miles] in 6 days! Nice lookin car!

2 weeks for 2200 miles of travel? How much of that time is it going to be stuck in customs to cross the border? I had 2 vehicles moved cross country [2K miles] in 6 days! Nice lookin car!

It seemed like a long time to me too. I do know that the carrier changes at the border as the US truck driver only takes the car that far.

Good to hear that your new baby is on the way. I will see you at Dave's in Dutton. Does he know that you are getting this car? Dave and a few of us have a monthly breakfast in Port Stanley (this Saturday). Should I keep my lip zipped?

Good to hear that your new baby is on the way. I will see you at Dave's in Dutton. Does he know that you are getting this car? Dave and a few of us have a monthly breakfast in Port Stanley (this Saturday). Should I keep my lip zipped?

You can let Dave know (wow - everyone is named Dave - me, you, the car's seller, and Dave Wheeler). I will be at Dave's show with the RT unless it has not arrived, in which case I will probably bring the Hellcat Redeye.

A long time ago I bought a minibike from Dave. He was a great guy to deal with.

Auto Transport Service
Back