• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I bought a Challenger!

Replaced my battery last year before winter, so 10 years out of it.
We got 7 out of the original in the '12; the '06 we had before that ate one before we traded it in.
This time around, I replaced the one in the '12 and made sure the replacement had a few more CCA's
in it over stock.

We got 7 out of the original in the '12; the '06 we had before that ate one before we traded it in.
This time around, I replaced the one in the '12 and made sure the replacement had a few more CCA's
in it over stock.
One thing I do know is you have to keep that key fob away from the car when not driving it. My buddy's wife would leave the key fob in the console parked in the garage, it will drain both the key fob, and the car battery

I was trying to buy this 2017 392 six speed Challenger T/A with 28k miles on it, but the dealer refused to negotiate with me on it. It was twice the cost of the 2010,and I would have had to take out a loan to buy it. Then I saw the red one that I could buy without taking out a loan.

View attachment 1411619

View attachment 1411620
I have one of these. Same year, just a 5.7. Anyway I love it and have not had any trouble except the dreaded radio failure. The screen commonly de-laminates and causes the system to do all sorts of crazy functions. Of course my car was just out of warranty so for a cool $1300 my local dealer installed a new (refurbished) radio. The problem is they didn't know what they were doing, so back to the dealership countless times. That was last July and the remote start still doesn't work. Dodge don't give a crap and its like you can't get any help. I had to give up as I work overseas. I will be kicking some *** when I get back. But seriously, apart from that I love my car.

One thing I do know is you have to keep that key fob away from the car when not driving it. My buddy's wife would leave the key fob in the console parked in the garage, it will drain both the key fob, and the car battery

Does that go for all modern Mopars?

Only similar is the trunk popping back open if Wife tries to lock her purse in the trunk with keys inside. I keep the HC keys in one of those Faraday pouches. I think they are overrated.
Red Keys. Blue Lights.

image.jpg

Cold winter tip. Keep a butter knife or similar object in the trunk to break the weather strip seals when frozen due to that stupid 1/4" window drop before the door opens.
Another bad habit I had with mine being a 6 speed manual at first was after I got in, seat belt on, I go to release the emergency brake and I would hit the trunk release button with my thumb. Would have to reapply the emergency brake, take off seat belt, get out, close trunk and repeat.... After 6-10 times doing that I learned to release brake with a closed fist.

Never heard of that before. I always leave the fob in my RAM trucks....

Never heard of that before. I always leave the fob in my RAM trucks....
I guess they keep "talking" to each other waiting for a command from the button.
FWIW my '68 Charger keys are fine after a whole winter hibernation hanging in the ignition.

To be clear this is for keyless push buttons, I believe the ones you stick the key in are not affected like this.

Last edited:
Thanks! Because the car has the T/A style hood,my plan is to black out the hood,add hoodpins,a set of Year one rallye wheels,a Hurst pistol grip shifter,and a T/A stripe kit. I might even do electric exhaust cutouts,with chrome megaphone exhaust tips coming out infront of the wheels.
I’ve no experience with the Hurst in these cars, but check out the Barton shifter. I put one in my 2021 Challenger and love it! It comes with a pistol grip as well. Another huge difference was removing the Clutch delay valve…..improves the feel of the clutch dramatically. Awesome cars!

D83CCE8E-3CA9-47ED-B854-A00F522FD7FA.png

We have a '17 Scat Pack. We bought it in '19 with only 3,400 miles on it. The only thing I don't like about the car is the squeaky *** Brembro brakes other than that we absolutely love it . We also had the radio screen delaminate but, the car is Chrysler certified so they replaced it for the $100 deductible. Put red halos on it as that is what the wife wanted for Christmas a few years back...

54637.jpeg

20200303_174420.jpg

Today I found a hood pin kit that uses the original factory stainless hood pins and bezels like Challengers had back in 1970 made to fit the modern Challengers, I ordered them,plus a Mopar 10 front bumper badge to get rid of the Ram badge, and a T/A stripe kit for the car made with 3M material. I hope that it won't be too hard to remove the factory R/T stripes already on the car. The theme is going to be a 40th anniversary Challenger T/A. The Year One 20 inch rallye wheels are $1800 plus shipping, so those are going to have to wait until I get my taxes back! I'm thinking about doing a FI Tech Sixpack setup on it next year after I do the cam and header mods next year, that would sure go well with the T/A theme.

One of the first modifications I will be doing is reconfiguring the lights to 1970 Challenger configuration like I did on my wife's car. I cannot stand the amber directional lights in the inner headlight pods!

20180826_180731.jpg

20180826_180753.jpg

20180826_180804.jpg

20180826_180810.jpg

I got the hood pin kit in and this came in yesterday to get rid of the stinking goat head on the front bumper! I'm still waiting for the T/A stripes to come in the mail.

20230210_063257.jpg

20230209_201810.jpg

I agree with you on this mod. What was all involved to do what you did here? Looks great.
I had to modify the fog light housings to receive the larger directional light sockets and extend the wires so they could reach the housings in the bottom of the bumper. I then glued the socket pieces I cut off the back of the fog light housings into the back of the inner light pods and extended the wires so they would reach as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back