• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

perfect-timing-10-1024x678.jpg

Sorry, loaded them on the wrong thread.

Five kittens and a big cardboard box with random holes cut out of it is an entire morning shot all to hell. But it's fun.

Just remembered this song
One of my all time favourites :D

I may retire.
I have the time in. I don't want to go back to work wearing a mask, that sucks to try to work, sweat and breathe through a wet sock!

How's your money, do you feel good about it! What about moving, moving can be expensive. Work till the moving truck is loaded and then say good bye.

The Wife is still working and just got a nice raise! MY Pension is decent but is only about half of my regular pay. My last job was paying quite well though. We would get along just fine on her salary and my retirement.
Moving is still a possibility. We just need to set foot somewhere to see and feel if we like it.

What is it you need to find, land, view, weather, mountains?

Your money sounds right, good for you!!

I'm guessing the wife can transfer or work from home.

The Wife is still working and just got a nice raise! MY Pension is decent but is only about half of my regular pay. My last job was paying quite well though. We would get along just fine on her salary and my retirement.
Moving is still a possibility. We just need to set foot somewhere to see and feel if we like it.
QUIT talking and start roaming around the country!

What is it you need to find, land, view, weather, mountains?
Here in CA, the hills are green for a few months a year. I want to be where it is green for longer than that. I want to have more land to play on. I want to build a bigger shop and have more room to play with the dogs. I want a bigger house so the Wife can stow her stuff out of sight. I am tired of the politicians here. They overtax, they overregulate, they push issues and agendas that I don't agree with and don't want to pay for. I'm tired of $3 gas prices and a $15 fast food meal. Our place here is decent but I want more. When I moved here, I didn't think that I'd want to move. About 3 years ago, right when the country started getting better, the politicians here started going further to the left. I don't want to support their policies.
I don't want snow. I don't want extreme humidity either.

When we used to mosey around down south, in our camper van we met a lot of people in campgrounds. If I remember correctly, quite a few thought they would move to South Dakota. Not sure, might have been something about taxes?
My Grandparents moved to Canada in 1908 because they had too many years of drought .

To far south It's humid, to far north is snow. We have humidity with snow some years and hills and back woods enough to get lost. Kind of the best of all worlds, but not perfect.

Last edited:
When we used to mosey around down south, in our camper van we met a lot of people in campgrounds. If I remember correctly, quite a few thought they would move to South Dakota. Not sure, might have been something about taxes?
My Grandparents moved to Canada in 1908 because they had too many years of drought .
Believe me, the Kerns are NOT settling in the Dakota's after Calif.! Tennessee,the Carolina's,south of the Mason-Dixon Line is my guess.

Believe me, the Kerns are NOT settling in the Dakota's after Calif.! Tennessee,the Carolina's,south of the Mason-Dixon Line is my guess.
My Great Great Grandparents on my Dad’s side were in Ohio at one time. Grandmas Dad side, I still have a relative at Rock Island Illinois that has the 1700 or early 1800`s farm. Met him a couple of times, he is a car guy also.

Auto Transport Service
Back