• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

As metioned above some of us had to get up extra early to get the trucks going! I still remember a new driver that would come in after me and leave before me one day he complained about getting up so early! I laughed at him said what time do you think I come in and go home! He thought I was over nights ! I said no boy your wrong I've been here for 2 hours already filled up the entire fleet of trucks did any needed repairs and fixed what the drivers that get here earlier need fix ! All before he came in ! He said why are you always here then when I go home ! Because I work for a living not run 8-9 hour shifts!

Sadly I miss those days ! Wish I could go back to 80 hours a week .

I’m an everyday is Saturday guy too. Bailed at 56. A severe heart attack taught me something about the life. I realized later than I should have that you can’t take it with you and it’s your time on this planet that’s precious - family and friends are what it’s all about not how much you have. I worked in corporate America like a dog for 33 years. Now I just thank God every day that he gave me some more time with my wife and family. Glad I’m free.

Work every day trucking or farming or both. Rarely take a day completely off. I wouldnt want it any different. I like to be busy. Keeps me out of trouble most of the time.

At 57 I'd love to have the option of just quitting, but thanks to my own dances with the medical devils, that ain't gonna happen.
Probably won't happen up until I actually do kick for good.

As it is, the owners of where I work now have to tell me to stop often because they can't get enough help to get all the stuff done I've rounded up. the young ones just don't have the work ethic we did/do...
They're also my friends and they try to make things as easy on me as possible, letting me work from home a lot and all that, but in the end I think that's actually worse for me - especially this time of year when it gets too cold to just go knock around on the property.

Winter just plain sucks.

Yeah, I like my job but after 5-6 days of staying up late, sleeping in and lazing around, Im not all that motivated to get back to the regular routine just yet. What about you ?

Was busy on Saturday and spent all day Saturday doing yard work. At my advanced age, I was wrecked at the end of the day & I needed all day on Sunday to recover.

Some days better than others. Generally I am happy and grateful for the work I have, look forward to it, and get along great with my clients. Shop time and field repairs can be a roller coaster of satisfaction and frustration. Paperwork that used to be easy has been painful since I got behind, and it won't get better until I get caught up.
As far as those of you who have to shovel snow to get out of your house and driveway...
No way. I'd have to work from home!

Paperwork that used to be easy has been painful since I got behind,

the-butcher-backed-into-a-meat-grinder-no-pumster-unkt-36823137.png

Haven't had a "workday", in about 18 years. Now my garages, that's a different story. Tic-tock.....only so many more years.

Was busy on Saturday and spent all day Saturday doing yard work. At my advanced age, I was wrecked at the end of the day & I needed all day on Sunday to recover.

"Advanced age" politically correct meaning...."old bastard"
:thumbsup:

I am 31 so I only have a nice short 31 years to look forward to working still....Yay for me! :D

Oldbee, I remember those days. 24 hours on call, Frozen fleet, Keeping the trucks running all night,frozen brake shoes to the drums on the trailers and plowing the parking lots for the workers coming to work in the morning. DON'T MISS IT A BIT !

At work now, all were doing is deer hunting and ice fishing stories, no one wants to work today. Gotta wash the Toolcat and get fluid film on it, and change the oil in one of the Kubotas.

At work now, all were doing is deer hunting and ice fishing stories, no one wants to work today. Gotta wash the Toolcat and get fluid film on it, and change the oil in one of the Kubotas.
He said “fluid film”, love that stuff!

He said “fluid film”, love that stuff!
Oh yeah me too. I have a lift for the wifeys Wrangler coming but I dont wanna wash it off till spring so I gotta wait to put it on. I do all our mowers, utvs and the toolcat for winter storage and use. I'm the only one that likes the smell here

Well, I hope you all got to work safe today, I think I'll get up now............ Man it's cold, forget that.

Auto Transport Service
Back