• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

I'm retired now. The only thing I really miss is being able to work the weekends and make an
extra 2k for whatever expenses or toys that I need the money for. And not seeing my "Buddies"
every day! Now, Fixed income and go to lunch with the guys once a week. If you like your job,
you'll never work a day in your life! Giddyup!

i was 43 when i woke up one morning and had enuf of going to a job... don't miss working a bit!

Been doing shift work for some 30 years. Still doing it and hate it. Holidays and weekends have little meaning when you work 3 out of 4 of them. 6 & 7 days or nights or afternoons in a row without overtime. Your body knows it but your paycheck never sees it! I worked on Thanksgiving before Turkey time and am not off until Wednesday. No end of work in sight until I can sell my freaking house. There is one good thing about shift work; you don't need to save much for retirement as the vast majority of us croak 6 to 7 years earlier than those who had regular hours with weekends off. Anyone who works crazy hours knows how numb it makes you! One day at a time until the end of time. I'm not complaining, just grateful to have a job! So, to echo the sentiment of not wanting to go to work tomorrow, I could say that but sometimes the wording gets rearranged to this afternoon or tonight! Life goes On!:)

I've been doing what I'm doing for 40 years now (on 11/6) & I'm pretty burnt out. When my youngest son graduates college in 2 1/2 years (hopefully), I'm hoping that I can sell the business and just cash out.

.......That is assuming that I can sell it for enough dough to retire.

I've been doing what I'm doing for 40 years now (on 11/6) & I'm pretty burnt out. When my youngest son graduates college in 2 1/2 years (hopefully), I'm hoping that I can sell the business and just cash out.

.......That is assuming that I can sell it for enough dough to retire.

I echo those sentiments as well. I forgot that there is one more plus side to shift work as it definitely burns people out as well as many regular hour jobs can do too. That is I will NEVER catch that old age disease called "Needing to feel needed". I am never bored and will be completely content doing nothing, except of course maybe playing with my car! Just let me sit, smile and drool; just bring me a beer once in a while! LOL :D

I echo those sentiments as well. I forgot that there is one more plus side to shift work as it definitely burns people out as well as many regular hour jobs can do too. That is I will NEVER catch that old age disease called "Needing to feel needed". I am never bored and will be completely content doing nothing, except of course maybe playing with my car! Just let me sit, smile and drool; just bring me a beer once in a while! LOL :D

Some people live to work & others work to live. My dad was in the former column while & have hovered between both columns, however, the thrill is gone and I've been in the latter column for a few years now. After all this time in my job, I'm toast. When my dad retired, he didn't know what to do with his time, but when I retire, I've got a bunch of stuff planned out.

i was 43 when i woke up one morning and had enuf of going to a job... don't miss working a bit!
How do you both pay for stuff??
I'm hoping that I can sell the business and just cash out.
RC I'm also hoping that my little business will give me enough money at sale to let me retire.
At some point I have to consult with an adviser who actually knows about such things, and then if I can, I want to tailor my business pursuits to make it as valuable as possible when selling it comes around.
I really don't know, but I'm thinking if I turn up the gas a little, I can make more $ for now and at selling time.
I'm hoping 10 years and out. I'd be 66.

How do you both pay for stuff??

i sold all my non essential stuff.. houses, property etc.. sold most of my car collection.. i rely on my investments and i day trade a few days a week.. life is simpler luckily because i,m now taking care of my aging mother.. dad passed a number of yrs ago...new chapter ..but hey i,m free from the ole' J ail O perating as a B usiness.. JOB.

I still somewhat enjoy what I'm doing, the money definitely is good. But retirement sounds good after close to 40 yrs of Utility Linework. There is still a rush doing RG&S work, I'll have to find something else death defying :lol:

But to Kern's point, it does get harder every day, and the mind wanders to stuff I'd rather be doing.
I need to learn to weld......
And bodywork.....
And grow a flower garden......
Ok, cancel that one:rofl:

It was actually a decent workday though not the most productive.
Help me out with this one:
Does it ever bother you when time passes on the job and you feel that you got little done?
It annoys me.
I hate inefficiency. I try to make every step count, every move. I like a well thought out plan, not spending a bunch of time waiting for approvals, standing around or flying by the seat of my pants.

By the way, the Glen Campbell thing really fits! Thank You, RC. A lineman puts himself in the circuit and Old Glen did the same thing on the touring circuit! It's funny how things relate sometimes! LOL

e3564e2e65ee7ccfa56c6101a87f96a9.gif

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back