• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I found another 69 charger

I don’t understand the hatred for General Lee clones. I don’t gravitate to them
And have no interest in building one but why bash a guy that wants to do it?
I loved the show. It was good family fun. The Chargers were bought from willing sellers, nobody forced them to give up the cars. In 1978 when the show started, these were 10 year old used cars that had yet to become classics. They were liked by some but most people saw them as used cars, probably not much different than we see a Lot of cars today. A 2011 Charger isn’t seen as an iconic car today so do you think that in 2064 we will be pissed if a TV show wrecked a bunch of them, a car that was built in great numbers?
The 68 and 69 Chargers were lost to wrecks and rust in greater numbers.

not sure why you chose to single out amc-s for the eyeroll.

Wasn't the eyeroll, it was the "crazy" emoji. Not impressed with AMC, it doesn't have the history of Chrysler.

then stupid new york will follow...

Yeah, stupid NY, stupid NE block of idiots, try that stuff with cars in MI, I'll be real interested to see how that works out.

let me know when you wakeup,if hes willing to Destroy our economy,our oil production,and leave americans Behind in a War zone,then im Pretty Sure he wont be caring about your parts suppliers/restorers Or your opinions,or your classic cars.period.

What kook state are you from? The lawsuits have only just begun. He may think he can get away with this **** like this is Australia but it's not going to end well. It's going to be like the parents who've finally figured out who's running the schools and are being told their kids don't belong to them, they belong to the state. It makes me wonder if you're attempting to put a scare in to people who have projects they're working on that you can't afford so they will dump them and you pick them up for a song...LOL
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I agree on everything but the general lee? I think it looks great too. I also like the show!
I would have bought a very nice general lee clone when i was looking for mine.

Plum purple was something I always wanted too

In my opinion your car would be perfect for this:

1731861683.jpg

1731862856.jpg

Like they should have made them at the factory!
Add a 426 hemi, nice brakes and suspension. That's what i would do!

Wasn't the eyeroll, it was the "crazy" emoji. Not impressed with AMC, it doesn't have the history of Chrysler.

Yeah, stupid NY, stupid NE block of idiots, try that stuff with cars in MI, I'll be real interested to see how that works out.

What kook state are you from? The lawsuits have only just begun. He may think he can get away with this **** like this is Australia but it's not going to end well. It's going to be like the parents who've finally figured out who's running the schools and are being told their kids don't belong to them, they belong to the state. It makes me wonder if you're attempting to put a scare in to people who have projects they're working on that you can't afford so they will dump them and you pick them up for a song...LOL
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
no,im the guy who helps everyone,at my own costs.
i havent even finished my own car because im always broke.
and you,are obviously just an idiot looking for a fight.
i dont have patience or time for stupid trolls.

ps,Amc most Certainly does have a long history.
part of that History,is being Bought by chrysler.

This is very much true. If we say there were a combined amount of 183000 chargers produced in 68 and 69. And we say there were upwards of 300 chargers destroyed in filming the dukes series, that means they destroyed 0.16% of all 68 and 69 chargers.
Rust is definitely the real villain here.

I loved the show. It was good family fun. The Chargers were bought from willing sellers, nobody forced them to give up the cars. In 1978 when the show started, these were 10 year old used cars that had yet to become classics. They were liked by some but most people saw them as used cars, probably not much different than we see a Lot of cars today. A 2011 Charger isn’t seen as an iconic car today so do you think that in 2064 we will be pissed if a TV show wrecked a bunch of them, a car that was built in great numbers?

Exactly. While I won’t build a FnF out of my ‘70... As soon as I saw the trailer, I knew the value of ‘70 Chargers would climb. The Chargers featured in movies will live forever. And make the ones left more iconic.

This is very much true. If we say there were a combined amount of 183000 chargers produced in 68 and 69. And we say there were upwards of 300 chargers destroyed in filming the dukes series, that means they destroyed 0.16% of all 68 and 69 chargers.
Rust is definitely the real villain here.
they also used some 70-s too.
the dukes wasnt what killed a lot of the chargers,We were responsible for that...
jumping them,stunting them,racing,crashing,the whole 9 yards.
bitd,these cars werent anything special...ive scrapped them,ive seen them scrapped.
Lots of folks used to wreck these cars,couldnt handle them.
bitd,i saw everything from hemis to 318 chargers getting crushed.
its a Good thing they made so many,otherwise they would be impossible to buy now.

conformitydemotivator.jpeg
Custom Image 08112021143909.jpg

:icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Not bashing him. Just discouraging him from doing yet another copy cat car. He is capable of doing something different that he likes (important) and stands out (gets attention) if he is looking for attention.

I have no hatred of the General Lee. Just the opposite in fact, love seeing them at shows and they always get a lot of attention. If that’s what you want then that’s what you should do. I personally just prefer the more classic look.

I have no hatred of the General Lee. Just the opposite in fact, love seeing them at shows and they always get a lot of attention. If that’s what you want then that’s what you should do. I personally just prefer the more classic look.
same,i owned my general lee back in the 80-s,and never wanted another one.
back then i couldnt drive it Anywheres without a crowd.
i prefer the classic look too,like that black one shown earlier.
one of the most beautiful chargers ive ever seen,
was a purple 70,with the r/t scoops and a glowing white interior....man that looked soo sweet.

I loved the show. It was good family fun.

The Dukes of Hazzard was a great show that we watched with our parents on a Saturday afternoon. It probably fueled the love of muscle cars all around the world. When you grew up in the UK with shitty little Hillman Imps these cars were every young boy's dream. It was these 3 shows for me, no doubt about it:

1. The Dukes of Hazzard
2. Vanishing Point
3. Bullitt

Thanks, Dudley.
Yes, everyone is entitled...to destroy whatever they want after they buy it. Some people think of these cars as works of art and a very important part of American history. Some people have no respect for art or history and think a pack of hillbilly cartoon clowns is worth imitating. This car IS NOT great because of that show.

image.jpeg
image.png

The Dukes of Hazzard was a great show that we watched with our parents on a Saturday afternoon. It probably fueled the love of muscle cars all around the world. When you grew up in the UK with shitty little Hillman Imps these cars were every young boy's dream. It was these 3 shows for me, no doubt about it:

1. The Dukes of Hazzard
2. Vanishing Point
3. Bullitt
i agree,but you missed one,
one that i saw at the drive-in and it changed my life at a young age.
i went straight from bicycles to cars,no carts,minibikes nothing.
( my 3rd car was a general lee lol )
Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry.
not only was the 4 door chevy cool to watch,but then it got Real and they hopped into that charger.
way better chase than bullitt,which only lasts for a part of an otherwise extremely boring movie ( imo )
honestly,very Few people clone the dmcl car,if you wanted to be different,theres an idea??

Last edited:
My wife talked to a guy that has a GL. Said he doesn’t drive it much because he gets called a racist.
(This was last year around the height of the riot season)

i agree,but you missed one,
one that i saw at the drive-in and it changed my life at a young age.
i went straight from bicycles to cars,no carts,minibikes nothing.
( my 3rd car was a general lee lol )
Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry.
not only was the 4 door chevy cool to watch,but then it got Real and they hopped into that charger.
way better chase than bullitt,which only lasts for a part of an otherwise extremely boring movie ( imo )
honestly,very Few people clone the dmcl car,if you wanted to be different,theres an idea??

Mary was hott :hitit:

KIMG0540.JPG
KIMG0539.JPG
21877.jpeg
21878.jpeg
21880.jpeg
21881.jpeg

I got more pictures phones fixing to die I'll get you guys updated soon

Auto Transport Service
Back