• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Got Into RoadKill Nights!

So I'm up here in Pontiac, started raining about 430, tech opened at 5. We went over at 4:40 and there were a bunch of people there early. Got in line and got teched, passed. Got my credentials and I was the 10th one accepted, I know, no big deal but it is to me! Looks like rain all night, so may not be racing. Only time will tell. Sucks to finally get in and get rained out. Just my luck.
Bummer about the rain. :(

But at least you have passed inspection and are ready to go whenever mother nature allows. Post some pictures of the racing action when you can!

Is that this weekend? i'm like 10 miles from it and miss it every year...

Congratulations. I have gotten in the last 4 years myself, but kept talking myself out of it. I decided to go the first year and not take the car to see how it was. It is a sh@tshow. The event is maybe set up for a few thousand, but like 10,000 plus show up. Everything takes forever..... The racing is just a giant pedalfest/smoke show. Nothing truly too fast like at a drag strip. To me it was not all that entertaining. Never did wind up taking the car or going back.

I've heard there is a long list of people seeking the autograph of Mr. @Richard Cranium
1691913104482.png

Congratulations. I have gotten in the last 4 years myself, but kept talking myself out of it. I decided to go the first year and not take the car to see how it was. It is a sh@tshow. The event is maybe set up for a few thousand, but like 10,000 plus show up. Everything takes forever..... The racing is just a giant pedalfest/smoke show. Nothing truly too fast like at a drag strip. To me it was not all that entertaining. Never did wind up taking the car or going back.
I feel the same bout the "Dream Cruise".. it's a horrible experience... plus i grew up right between gratiot and woodward... did plenty of that growing up

Actually, it was one of the best experiences and weekends with my friends I've had in probably 10 years, if ever maybe. We all three agreed this was up there for just plain fun and raucous raising. I put 14 psi to this street and it took it all wanting more, that's about 750 rwhp, btw. I turned it up to 16 psi, 855 rwhp for the second pass and well, have to wait for the video.

Auto Transport Service
Back